TPO hearing& findings

Jurisdiction
New Mexico
Can I appeal A TPO HEARING by a hearing officer if I was not allowed to speak at all nor have witnesses speak on my behalf? I have a police report clearly stating that my accuser of abuse/violence had continuously changed her story, not to mention That the report says I was in fact the victim of simple battery.

I will never understand why people always want to fight protective orders. If someone wants you to stay away, you stay away. What's so hard about that to understand. Doesn't matter who's right or who's wrong.

And why would you want to continue to engage this person (with whom you obviously have a hostile relationship) in court when it's only going to keep her in your life and give her reason to come at you again.

I will never understand why people always want to fight protective orders. If someone wants you to stay away, you stay away. What's so hard about that to understand. Doesn't matter who's right or who's wrong.

And why would you want to continue to engage this person (with whom you obviously have a hostile relationship) in court when it's only going to keep her in your life and give her reason to come at you again.

Because the order includes Our 3 boys - I'm sorry but I will fight til I die for my rights to see and raise my children

Because the order includes Our 3 boys - I'm sorry but I will fight til I die for my rights to see and raise my children

Should have explained that at the beginning. Being short on details never gets the right answer.

Start from the beginning and give us the who, what, when, where, why, keep all your issues to THIS thread since it's all on the same topic and you might get helpful comments. Thanks.

Can I appeal A TPO HEARING filed by my children's other parent & includes no contact with my 3 boys -by a hearing officer if I was not allowed to speak at all nor have witnesses speak on my behalf? I have a police report clearly stating that my accuser of abuse/violence had continuously changed her story, not to mention That the report says I was in fact the victim of simple battery.

05/20/16 Altercation at apartment complex of their new place - I was there to pick up our 3 boys and was physically assaulted by the exes new intimate partner in front on my children. Police report states I was victim of battery and the offender would be summonsed and charges would be filed. Since no custody agreement is established police could not allow my children be sent with me & removed from other parents new home .

05/23/16 (The following Monday afternoon) I filed petition in Domestic relations div. To establish custody and support.

*apparently*
05/23/16 The ex went to DV div. and filed for TPO ex obtained Temp protection order, temp custody, to alienate me from children and on 05/26/16 My ex filed a False claim to CYFD REPORTING THAT I abused our 3boys to ensure no contact I'm sure

Hearing officer for DV TPO wouldn't allow submission of police report for day of alleged violent act nor allow me to defend/state my side or allow comments of my witnesses. I have supervise visits with the children pending CYFD investigation that is still not complete as of 07/07/16

Should I file counter petition for TPO from the ex & the misleading and false accusations

Last edited by a moderator:
I suspect with such a complicated problem, and your desire to maintain contact with your kids, you'll probably be spending REAL MONEY to hire a REAL LAWYER. Free advice isn't going to be if much use to you.

Back