Town home owners rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

John_L_French

Hello,
I'm confronter with a situation which is infringing on my Human, Home Owner, Constituntial and fredom rights.

I purchased a Town Home Brand New in 1989 prior to it being finished. I choose this unit for all it's amenities which include that it is a end unit and it afords us a comfortable enviorment.

There was an Assoiation Board chosen to see over the issues a board oversees I.E. Gouunds, Exterior, Roof, Snow removal, Grass cutting, Trash and minor repairs.

There was in 1990 a rule we implemented for winter where it is requested that we keep our garage doors closed because teh cold weather would have an effect on the over the garage units water pipes.

Well, the board is in my estimation abusing this and dictating that the garage door remain closed at all time except entering and exiting. They have sent me a unfriendly notice saying that at a certain day and time my garage door was open and that it is an offence.

All of my windows are on one side of the house the garage is connected and on teh other side of the house which provides excellent ventilation, circulation, and day light for working the many projects I do in the garage in addition to painting and varnishing.

We only have the front door and the garage door. I also relax in my garage with friends, neighbors and family and enjoy the fresh air, scenary and relaxation for which I need my garage door open.
The board has decided to add additonal verbage to the rule to make it impossable to wash a car, barbque, and totally shut down my fredom to live a normal life.

I am responsible for the Door and the contents with in and feel that the board is infringing on my rights as a home owner, and inpairing my safety witrh reference to utilizing Paint and varnish and Glues with out proper ventilation in addition to the right to fresh air exchange.

I am a disable american veteran from Viet Nam and am struggling with this issue of taking my fredom and rights and alowing a few retired individuals dictate my and our way of life to be the way they want it. They are not real estate, marketing, land, or constituntial experts.

Please advise me if I am correct in assuming that my rights are being violated.

My garage and the door are my padio, work space, relaxing area, party area at times and the primary ventilation source to air change with in my home.

Thank You

John L French
Champlin MN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back