topdraw

Status
Not open for further replies.

topdraw

Hi,
18 months ago my wife was hit by car that was over taking a slower moving car,according to a police report it was my wifes fault as she was not crossing where she should have been (i.e a zebra crossing). The road she was crossing was in the country side and the nearest crossing was approximatly 1klm away. A statement taken by the driver who hit my wife said that he had overtaken the slower car as it was slowing to pull off the road,the front car did not indicate to pull over and apparently by Spanish law you can not overtake a slower car unless they have indicated to pull over or have stopped.On this statement our Spanish lawer told us that it might be possible to claim compensation on the admission by the driver, that he had overtaken without seeing the front driver indicate. My wife spent 6 weeks in hospital and was then released even though she could not walk due to her injuries which included - a broken ankle,broken shin bone,2 broken knee caps and a near severed knee ligament. On top of this my wife had a head injury neck and upper body traumer due to the impact. I had to look after my wife in bed at home for about 6 months, which after about a month from being let out of hospital included daily visits to hospital for physiopheripy by ambulance. Anyway 3 weeks ago my wife died at home in bed during the night of apparantly a ruptured heart valve,We are waiting a full autopsy report. When I informed our lawer of what had happened, He seemed to think that it would be very hard to still make any claim for compansation as We (my wife and I) were not actually married, we had been partners for 15 years and have a son of 13 years old. and my step son 19 years old from my wifes previous relationship.
Would our lawer be right to say that it might not be possible to commense with the claim only if even for our two childrens future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back