Medical Malpractice Too late for malpractice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zer0s0n5

Ok...

My mother died in 1993... It was recently discovered that she may have been a victim of malpractice. Since it has been so long is it still possible to get this doctor's license revoked if it has not been already? What kind of info would I need to get on his practice background. I know he has been recently investigated for malpractice. I do have her autopsy report staing cause of death, and the such. Any legal advise would be much appreciated.

It should be added I'm not looking for money. I simply want to make sure an incompetent doctor is no longer aloud to practice.

In certain situations the statue of limitations for bringing an action (the amount of time you have to bring a lawsuit from the date the action occurred or accrued) can be tolled or paused. However, those are exceptions to the rule and are few and far between. If you are simply trying to connect the doctor to malpractice because of another claim and with limited evidence, then you should be wary. You will likely need to show that some malpractice actually occurred and the reason why it was never prosecuted was due to a good explanation, e.g. the files were hidden by the doctor in his basement and are now known. This may also be the subject of a criminal investigation if it resulted in a wrongful death.

However... as was stated... I would think that you should have some good proof of malpractice before even beginning to go down the road of how to defeat any applicable statute of limitations that may apply.

Originally posted by zer0s0n5
Ok...

My mother died in 1993... It was recently discovered that she may have been a victim of malpractice. Since it has been so long is it still possible to get this doctor's license revoked if it has not been already? What kind of info would I need to get on his practice background. I know he has been recently investigated for malpractice. I do have her autopsy report staing cause of death, and the such. Any legal advise would be much appreciated.

It should be added I'm not looking for money. I simply want to make sure an incompetent doctor is no longer aloud to practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back