Criminal Records, Expungement To expunge or not to expunge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiwayman81

I was convicted of misdemeanor larceny six years ago. I called about getting it expunged from my record. The woman at the courthouse looked it up through our state records and said it didn't show up. Likewise through the Secretary of State and FBI. Nothing shows on my record anywhere except for the local police dept. Should I expunge it anyway so that I won't have to worry when filling out job applications that ask for such things or let it be?

I was convicted of misdemeanor larceny six years ago. I called about getting it expunged from my record. The woman at the courthouse looked it up through our state records and said it didn't show up. Likewise through the Secretary of State and FBI. Nothing shows on my record anywhere except for the local police dept. Should I expunge it anyway so that I won't have to worry when filling out job applications that ask for such things or let it be?

If they can't find it, you can't expunge it. T tops is right, it sounds as though it was sealed or expunged already. I wouldn't worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back