Title problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kims6977

i own 3 acres. i am the only one on the deed. recently while paying my property taxes i noticed three other people owned little pieces of property "within" my property. These are very old accounts and the taxes have not been paid in years on them. BUT, i have been paying taxes on the entire property for years.
i contacted the title company. they state i have two options. 1) they hire an atty., contact the owners, and buy the property from them or 2) give me a settlement, i sign a release form and handle it on my own.
my question is - how do i get rid of these people and have a clear title?
i would like to take the settlement and handle this on my own, if it would be better financially for me.
another question - they state my title insurance has a limit they will pay. is this true or can i increase it due to the property value increases over the years i have owned it?

Q: my question is - how do i get rid of these people and have a clear title?

A: i contacted the title company. they state i have two options. 1) they hire an atty., contact the owners, and buy the property from them or 2) give me a settlement, i sign a release form and handle it on my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back