tired

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaperez71

Jurisdiction
California
My husband I where waiting for 6 ur. For this operation for a pinched nerve in his 5,6,7 cervical fusion. On3/9/17 he's was in surgery for 4 1/2 hr. And in the hospital for one day. Now we only see the. Surgeon once and it was one week after surgery and now it going on three months and haven't got my voice back people have trouble hearing me my wife is scared when I go out, I get mad and up set cause it hard for me to get words out. I fill like it was a accident and he gave me the use of some stranght of my hands. But what should I do.

wait - who lost their voice? why did it go from " he" to "me"?

In a basic google question, I am finding lots of complications to this surgery and voice issues as a risk of performing it. As in most surgeries, you or he probably signed a notice of possible complications/risks.

Seeing the surgeon only once after surgery might be pretty normal if there are no issues regarding the healing of the vertebrae. Have you/he contacted the original doctor that suggested the surgeon and/or the surgeon to discuss the voice issue? Was physical, occupational or speech therapy suggested/ prescribed? I would try to find a therapist to see if they think it would help.

My husband I where waiting for 6 ur. For this operation for a pinched nerve in his 5,6,7 cervical fusion. On3/9/17 he's was in surgery for 4 1/2 hr. And in the hospital for one day. Now we only see the. Surgeon once and it was one week after surgery and now it going on three months and haven't got my voice back people have trouble hearing me my wife is scared when I go out, I get mad and up set cause it hard for me to get words out. I fill like it was a accident and he gave me the use of some stranght of my hands. But what should I do.

Who is posting this? You go from saying "my husband and I were waiting for 6 "ur"" (I assume years) for an operation. Then you say that you can't get your voice back and your wife is scared because people have trouble hearing you. So are you the husband or the wife who had surgery?

1. Why have you not gone back to the surgeon if you are having complications from the surgery?
2. When you went to the doctor about your voice, what were you told?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back