Tired of all the chaos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurt_and_sad

I work for local gov't school board. Been having problems with boss a couple of months after starting there. Been there since July'08. She would be described as a bully and intimidating boss, threatening to fire us for stupid reason, always rude, totally ignored me for months when I say hi and even went as far as making the boardroom her office which is across from my office so she could monitor everything I did. Unethical work ethics are also part of the problem. 3 weeks ago, she decided that I was under the influence of drugs and alcohol and convinced some management of the same. They claim that I slurred my words and was unsteady on my feet when it was not true. When I asked people from the meeting if I did such, they all said no. I even asked other people that I converse with everyday if I had been different and acting impaired and they all said NO. I was wisked off in a squad car with 2 police tothe drug clinic which I passed all the test. She knows that I am seeing a physcologist and had been referred to a phsyciatrist. She is forcing me to take those appoints without pay. Her latest move drove me to file a formal Harassment and Discrimination grievance against her. I am off for 3 weeks on FMLA due to the trauma and depression adn anxiety attacks that I have been experiencing for a while now.

How can I enhance my case or do I even have a case?:confused:

Last edited:
if the op feels he/she is being harassed due to his/her medical impairment, then he/she has every right to file with eeoc. if the employer is requiring that the op use fmla for dr. appts. the time can be required to be taken as unpaid, but they do need to allow the employee the time for dr. appts. if the op feels that the stress/trauma is caused by the work enviornment, then the op can file a worker's comp case, as well, and it will most likely be covered.
however, as with another post tonight regarding disability discrimination, i would suggest that the op contact a local employment law atty to discuss what rights may have been violated.

You have a case, get an employment lawyer. Hostile work environment.

if the op feels he/she is being harassed due to his/her medical impairment, then he/she has every right to file with eeoc. if the employer is requiring that the op use fmla for dr. appts. the time can be required to be taken as unpaid, but they do need to allow the employee the time for dr. appts. if the op feels that the stress/trauma is caused by the work enviornment, then the op can file a worker's comp case, as well, and it will most likely be covered.
however, as with another post tonight regarding disability discrimination, i would suggest that the op contact a local employment law atty to discuss what rights may have been violated.
Thanks for not answering my question. The OP has stated nothing in their post that would suggest even in the slighest that they have a valid case that the EEOC or an attorney would be interested in pursueing. Also to Jharris, to meet that definition of a Hostile Work Environment, the employee must be able to show that s/he is being subjected to either sexual harassment or illegal discrimination under Title VII (race, religion, national origin, age etc.). It has nothing to do with the atmosphere of your workplace, no matter how unpleasant it may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back