Other Immigration Law Tina

tfrazier

My Step dad has been here about 45 years or so. He was convicted in 1986 & 1996 for possession of drugs/ cocaine. he was released he did less than a year he was a user at the time. My mom is a citizen of the usa. He was never deported. They denied his citizenship & im sure his green card should be expired by now he has his social security card & ID but his work permit is expired also.it makes no sense to open the case he was denied because of both cases citizenshp in the USA. My question is since it has been 19 to 29 years since this case. & my understanding is there is a 10 yr. Statue of limitation that has ran out If it applies. Should he reaplly for his renewal or for a new green card or for his citizenship again.
thanks remain blessed

Hello its Tina this is the second question about a loved one She left for mexico took the bus has been gone almost a year. She has 5 children that are american citizens. they approved her visa to come back the youngest child is with her. We are working on her affadavit to sponser her & his passport to come back. I know there has to be a certain amount of finances in the household that has to be above the poverty line per household can you tell how much a range of the amount per house hold member that should be. if there are 3 adults & 3 kids in the house thanks. & if there is 2 adults in another house that would like to help in los angeles, california in the USA.

Last edited by a moderator:
He might want to talk to an immigration attorney.

You might want to talk to the USCIS or an immigration attorney.

PS -Was 2 separate threads by OP - another moderator combined. Betty3 3-22 10:05am cst
(was 2 separate questions so I hadn't combined them)

Last edited:
My Step dad has been here about 45 years or so. He was convicted in 1986 & 1996 for possession of drugs/ cocaine. he was released he did less than a year he was a user at the time. My mom is a citizen of the usa. He was never deported. They denied his citizenship & im sure his green card should be expired by now he has his social security card & ID but his work permit is expired also.it makes no sense to open the case he was denied because of both cases citizenshp in the USA. My question is since it has been 19 to 29 years since this case. & my understanding is there is a 10 yr. Statue of limitation that has ran out If it applies. Should he reaplly for his renewal or for a new green card or for his citizenship again.
thanks remain blessed

You should ask an immigration attorney or these fine people: www.uscis.gov[/COLOR]

Hello its Tina this is the second question about a loved one She left for mexico took the bus has been gone almost a year. She has 5 children that are american citizens. they approved her visa to come back the youngest child is with her. We are working on her affadavit to sponser her & his passport to come back. I know there has to be a certain amount of finances in the household that has to be above the poverty line per household can you tell how much a range of the amount per house hold member that should be. if there are 3 adults & 3 kids in the house thanks. & if there is 2 adults in another house that would like to help in los angeles, california in the USA.

You should ask an immigration attorney or these fine people: www.uscis.gov

A crime does not always make someone deportable. It can make them inadmissible, but not deportable.

Now about that green card. His residency does not actually expire - to put it very simply, it's nothing more than proof he can work. His work permit wouldn't matter, if he has his green-card. He'll have a social security number and that doesn't expire either. Get him in front of an attorney anyway.

thanks remain blessed

The only thing I'm going to say is...

DO NOT SPONSOR THIS FAMILY.

You are creating a MASSIVE burden on your shoulders. Let me explain why:

When you sponsor someone, you are creating a contract with the US government, and are promising that the immigrant/s will not become public charges - in other words, you're promising that YOU (and/or anyone else who co-sponsors) will support them at 125% of the Federal Poverty Level. Can you do that?

There's more about poverty lines here:

http://www.uscis.gov/i-864p

Back