time spent with children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley

Im a father of two beautiful children. I am currently entering a divorce. My ex and i have a legal seperation that has granted us both joint custody, her physical. In the separation order, she has signed off the maximum amount of child support that is 25% of my income. I currently pay 200.00 every two weeks, which she agreed to in the separation order in place for 3 years. My question to anyone. Will i have to get readjusted to the full amount after a divorce is filled? if so, this willl cause great hard ship on my finacial ability to maintain my residence, which is my childrens birth residence. Im not a dead beat father. I stay home with my children 4 days a week.

You might want to discuss this with an attorney.
Will it be changes as part of the decree?
In all likelihood, she'll demand more loot, when she wishes up.
I've seen few that let the fish get away.
The issue of stay at home dad,or work 25 hours a day dad isn't relevant.
That's a choice you make.
You need to speak with an attorney.
The initial meeting is free.
You can ask specific questions during that initial consultation.

Im a father of two beautiful children. I am currently entering a divorce. My ex and i have a legal seperation that has granted us both joint custody, her physical. In the separation order, she has signed off the maximum amount of child support that is 25% of my income. I currently pay 200.00 every two weeks, which she agreed to in the separation order in place for 3 years. My question to anyone. Will i have to get readjusted to the full amount after a divorce is filled? if so, this willl cause great hard ship on my finacial ability to maintain my residence, which is my childrens birth residence. Im not a dead beat father. I stay home with my children 4 days a week.

she is trying to push the divorce order though using the decree from the seperation order with out changes. In the decree she signed off the maximum amount of child support.

Please tell us where you're located (which US state).

What do you mean by "signed off"? Are you paying less than State guidelines?

Also - how many OVERNIGHTS do you have with the kids?

Not days - but overnights.

i live in new York, She signed off the maximum amount of child support in the separation order. The separation order is also the divorce decree.

Then time-sharing doesn't matter. NY takes a straight percentage; if you're meant to pay 20 or 25%, that's what Mom can get.

If you currently pay less than guideline, Mom can file to have that upped to guideline amount at any point. Otherwise, your question isn't clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back