Time limits on judgement for accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

suez

I was involved in an accident on 2/20/02. A woman pulled in front of me on an entrance ramp and I rear ended her. I did not know at the time but my husband had let our insurance lapse. I was not cited for anything and did not make out a report. The woman behind me was a deputy and she made out a report stating what had happened.

Because of moving where we were living I did not get the notice of a court date for damages on 4/17/03. Of course, I was found responsible for damages and lost my license.

Question 1. What is the statute of limitations for them to sue me for this accident? I was hit by an uninsured driver and was told by small claims court that I had 6 months to sue him so I am wondering if they were even in the right to do this.

Question 2. It has now been over 6 years since the judgement was made. It has not been renewed. Judgements are for 5 years. Is this judgement unenforceable at this time? I did get a notice from the state that I could get my license back by paying $125 but they also wanted something from the insurance company.

TIA for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back