Time limit for someone make claim against estate ?

Timmy4545

Jurisdiction
Indiana
I inherited my mother's house after she passed away. I got a call from her sister telling me she ow her money. She told me going to get a lawyer to file paper work against the estate to get her money that my mother ow her. She has it in writing that my mother ow her $15,000. How long does she have to file against the estate in Indiana after the house went up for sale ? Meaning there a curtain amount of days she can file against the estate after it goes up for sale ?

She has it in writing that my mother ow her $15,000.

Have you been given that document? If you haven't, I suggest you tell the sister to pound sand until she personally hands it to you for examination.

How long does she have to file against the estate in Indiana after the house went up for sale ? Meaning there a curtain amount of days she can file against the estate after it goes up for sale ?

The answer to those questions is contained in the following statute. Study it carefully.

2010 Indiana Code :: TITLE 29. PROBATE :: :: ARTICLE 1. PROBATE CODE :: :: CHAPTER 14. CLAIMS AGAINST THE ESTATE

Did you properly open probate, publish notice to creditors, and close the estate?

If you didn't do that then her filing of a creditor claim is still timely and you'll have to address the validity of the claim be examining the document.

I inherited my mother's house after she passed away. I got a call from her sister telling me she ow her money. She told me going to get a lawyer to file paper work against the estate to get her money that my mother ow her. She has it in writing that my mother ow her $15,000. How long does she have to file against the estate in Indiana after the house went up for sale ? Meaning there a curtain amount of days she can file against the estate after it goes up for sale ?

Now you know why I've never gotten involved in the estates of those who claim to be related to me.

I've got my own junk.

I don't need to jump through hoops to obtain the junk of others, especially when there are attack buzzards circling the carcass of the deceased, and once beloved.

Back