time clock problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosaic

:confused: My daughter forgot to clock in several times at a fast food place. They have told her that they may not pay her for the time she has actually worked. Can they do that? The manager said that he has put her in for the times she worked but he could not guarantee that his boss would approve to pay her. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks mosaic :D

No, they can't refuse to pay her. If she worked, they HAVE to pay her. The law is very clear on that. If they don't pay her, your daughter may contact your State's Department of Labor and file a complaint. (It could be the boss is just trying to get her attention by putting a scare into her though.)

What they can do is discipline your daughter for failing to follow timekeeping procedures, including terminating her employment should they wish. I suggest she start remembering to punch in and out.

Thanks for the information! I thought as much and told her the same thing (especially about remembering to punch in!), but just wanted to check to see if I was overlooking some rule. Thanks Again :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back