Ticket Warrant

Status
Not open for further replies.

senior

My friend was recently issued a warrant for failure to pay for a year old traffic ticket he forgot to pay (city of Houston). He was informed of the warrant, he paid bond, went to court, and received community service and probation along with a few other fines (such as court fines and probation officer fines.) He got it taken care of. I seceretly looked at his probation card he has to carry around with him (in case he gets pulled over he has to show it) and the offense on it says theft! Would being convicted of failure to pay a ticket be listed as theft or is he lying to me? Does it matter what the court lists on that card? I can't confront him, he would freak out if he knew I snooped through his wallet. I guess my major question is...Is failure to pay for a ticket and being issued a warrant for it considered theft?

You would not receive probation for an unpaid traffic ticket. It sounds like your friend is being diplomatic.

I would tend to agree! I do know that there are some state vigilantly pursuing those who don't pay their tickets but theft? One would have to be convicted of that crime and not paying parking tickets would not seem to qualify. Perhaps this is in relation to another offense!

Originally posted by senior
My friend was recently issued a warrant for failure to pay for a year old traffic ticket he forgot to pay (city of Houston). He was informed of the warrant, he paid bond, went to court, and received community service and probation along with a few other fines (such as court fines and probation officer fines.) He got it taken care of. I seceretly looked at his probation card he has to carry around with him (in case he gets pulled over he has to show it) and the offense on it says theft! Would being convicted of failure to pay a ticket be listed as theft or is he lying to me? Does it matter what the court lists on that card? I can't confront him, he would freak out if he knew I snooped through his wallet. I guess my major question is...Is failure to pay for a ticket and being issued a warrant for it considered theft?

Originally posted by lwpat
You would not receive probation for an unpaid traffic ticket. It sounds like your friend is being diplomatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back