Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Threatned to be murdered

S

scully23

Jurisdiction
California
HI,

I work at a storage facility and live on site, I have a customer who has stuff about to be auctioned off because of non payment. I received numerous calls from him cussing at me and anybody else who picked up the phone. I am the manager of the location so it was mostly me. But yesterday after trying to reason with him and help him out he got very upset bease I told him there was nothing I can do to stop his items from going to auction except if he paid.. I said "I'm sorry but there's nothing else I can do" and then he proceeded to tell me " yeah, but murder everyone at your store because you are a freaking asshole.. etc" it took me a few minutes to process it and I asked "did you just threaten to murder me?" To which he responded in a very angry disrespectful even scary tone "F*** YOU, YOUR F***EN B****, HOW ABOUT THAT" and he hung up on me. I have this entire conversation recorded.. I will still have to deal with him tomorrow because he is coming to get his items.. I don't feel terribly afraid of him, but it still made me very uncomfortable.. because now a days there are many crazy people out there.. i am a bit scared for my safety and more of my co workers but I just don't know what I should do after this? Any advice?? I feel like I can't even file a police report because my boss spoke with him and had threatned to file a police report but the customerrier apologized to him and he then accepted and let him come to my store and take his items. He later on called and poligized to me but he has apologized a handful of times to me after hI'm being verbally offensive over the phone on other phone calls, so his apology meant nothing to me. SO I fear that if I filed a police report I would get in trouble with my employer because I feel they told the customer we wouldnt.

The thing a normal person would do, FILE A POLICE REPORT, appears to be the thing you wish NOT to do.

Good luck.

Back