Threatening neighbour

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitgerl

Im hoping someone can offer some advice here as Im at the end of my patience with this individual: I have lived in the same detached home for 3 years, I am a veterinary professional and own several dogs; as a considerate neighbor and owner, my animals are very rarely left unattended; my neighbor never leaves his home and gambles daily on the internet; the first 2 years he never bothered me then over the last year he started sending threatening letters saying my smallest dog was barking when we went out ( maybe 30 mins once or twice weekly)....he wanted the dog killed or debarked!!!.........I initially ignored his letters as I did not want to stoop to his level but I did make sure there was little opportunity for the pet to bark ( ie took him to work etc)....well the letters continued until he finally threatened to sue, my boyfriends parents own our home and they became terrified at this prospect and met with him with the result being he demanded my dog wear a shock collar which obviously as an animal advocate was despicable to me, but to keep the peace this was adhered too; a truce was reached for some months except in this time the individual is heard screaming and ranting loudly nightly when he loses at his gambling which upsets myself and my animals;
In the past month he has taken to calling my inlaws at all times of the night saying my dogs have barked.usually if he notices we have gone out for the evening he claims there is a problem although I have had friends listen from across the street and heard nothing, my problem is that I have reached boiling point and refuse to be controlled by this loser any longer while others involved are so scared of being sued will do anything he wishes, what rights as a compliant law abiding citizen and owner of well behaved dogs have? if I file a restraint against him will this do any good? or is there a harrassment document I can file? I would really appreciate any thoughts on this as I dont think its right this person is controlling my life. I must mention the neighbourhood is average not fancy , dogs are heard barking all over the place, my other neighbours I have approached and nobody else has a problem but him, thankyou .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back