Threaten daily

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roberthorrell

I work overseas for a major company.We are threaten almost daily with our jobs.The saying over here is its safer outside the wire than inside.This is 100% true.I have been employed for two years and have had to put up with this the whole time,all of us.Right now i am being punished for questioning why myself and four others were removed from our positions for driving inside the base and others put in those positons.I just came off a 30 day mission which i should not have had to go on but i had a run-in with the supervisor and was put on it.now i am on another 2 week mission A few hours after i complained to the supervisor about removing us from our positions.There are many other drivers to choose from but they called me.I believe i am being punished for questioning his decisions.I have 20 years in management and i have never seen or been part of such a hostile work enviornment.this is just the tip of the major problems that we as drivers are subjected to.
We are treated like scum,filth, and nothing is done about it.And when you speak up you are punished.We need help.

Last edited:
A hostile work environment has a very specific meaning under the law and what you have described does not meet the legal definition. A hostile work environment does not mean an unpleasant place to work; it means that you are being subjected to either sexual harassment or illegal discrimination/harassment under Title VII and related laws (race, religion, national origin etc.).

Nor is it illegal to threaten your job.

It sounds like a very unpleasant place to work but nothing in your description provides you with legal recourse. You are free to look for other employment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back