Corporate Law Threat of suit

Status
Not open for further replies.

tex1313

I formally had a construction business (TMS & Son Construction, L.L.C) that I stopped doing business under. Before I was an L.L.C. I had the company set up as a sole proprietor, Timohty Schwartz dba TMS Construction, but change to an L.L.C before the start of the project referenced below. I was a general contractor and did a finish out of a high end gift shop in the same shell building as a cigar shop that I did the finish out on (they share a dimising wall). The owner of the gift shop is complaining of cigar smoke in his shop, and I have been to the location 3 times and only faintly smelled it once. The city inspectors and fire marshall passed the dimising wall as a 1 hour fire rated wall (per code) so I have to assume that it is correct. The owner of the gift shop is now threating a lawsuit against me and I'm not sure what his legal rights would be. Can he sue me personally? The company has about $200 in a business checking account and doesn't have any other assests. I'm pretty sure I didn't break the corporate vail, but I'm not sure. I used my corporate bank account on occasion to eat fast food, wrote checks to myself for profit, paid for gas for my vehicle that I was using for business and personal. Please advise the corse of action I should take in order to avoid having to incurr expenses(lawyer, time, etc.). I am working for a general contractor now and like I said TMS & Son Construction, L.L.C has very limited, if any, assests. Should I pull the money out of the bank account and/or close it?
Thanks for the help,
Timothy Schwartz

What is a dimising wall?

Anyway, I can't see where you damaged the gift shop owner.

demising wall

A demising wall is a wall that is shared by two tenants. Sometimes refered to as a common wall. This gift shop and cigar shop are in the same building and share a common wall(cigar shop on left side, gift shop on right side). Thanks for the help. Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back