This has really been bothering me for some time, please answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeMat331

In my home town, the Town Manager uses his position to find out before the general public which homes will be up for auction to to foreclosure and purchase said homes. A few years ago, while my father was waiting for his disability (he broke his back in NJ unloading the company's truck) the TM purchased our land and home. He then proceeded to badger my mother, who was, as can be expected, very put out, into signing a rental agreement. The exhorbitant fee was monthly, and he grew more pushy with each month. Thank God Dad's money came! He was forced to pay the TM the entire amount the TM paid for the land and home and then some. Since this has happened, I have heard numerous people telling the same exact story, but some didn't have the wipe-the-sweat-from-your-brow ending ours did. Please, I do not wish to start any trouble, but I need to know, is this legal? Can he use his position as a hireling of the Mayor to do this legally?

It seems that your posting is based on hearsay... Unless you have concrete proof that he has access to the town's records, you have no case.

If someone were to investigate him, maybe search his office, they'd find all the proof they needed. I saw the earmarked and flagged foreclosure notices on his desk. They had, by the way, not been served to the people they pertained to. Anyway, I was just curious as to if such activity is within the scope of prosecution.

If someone were to investigate him, maybe search his office, they'd find all the proof they needed. I saw the earmarked and flagged foreclosure notices on his desk. They had, by the way, not been served to the people they pertained to. Anyway, I was just curious as to if such activity is within the scope of prosecution.

Why not complain to the state Attorney General and call a newspaper? They'd have a field day uncovering a scam in such a hot area... Just make sure that you let people know it's a pure opinion and suspicion, not a solid accusation if you don't have proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back