Consumer Fraud This company needs to be stopped!

Status
Not open for further replies.

imthird

Hello To you all,

This thread is in reference to information that is being gathered by research and a private investigator. Again, this is on behalf of my friend who is computer illiterate.

The company she used as well as many others has royally screwed many innocent people. It is a franchise of a major company that comes in after water damage, fires or anything that causes damage to their personal property as well as their homes or residences.

My findings, aside from the private investigator is staggering to say the least.

Because I am not using names, I will list several here, again, I am deleting the company name involved as I do not want to get in any trouble.

"The local DELETED did a clean up after my house fire. They mistreated numerous collectible pieces of painted wooden sculpture causing the paint to be removed and damaged. They had no idea how to handle something other than a piece of carpet. More..."

"My elderly mother has an apartment complex in Palm Desert; in the summer due to flash flooding in the area, one of the units had flooding. Not sure what to do, she reached out to DELETED to help with water removal. For the 2 bedroom unit, they provided a quote of $12,000 which included water damage restoration and a Lab Report for Mold & Mildew (by the way, they never gave her a copy of the report -- I had to follow up to get a copy from them!). On the scheduled work day, their team was there for a total of 4 HOURS! That's $3000/hour!! My mother was shocked at how little time it... More..."

There are way too many to list but here is what we are looking for.

Next week the private eye is suppose to give my friend information on the real names and contacts and hopefully get a group together who have been taken advantage of and would like to gain some peace of mind. Perhaps, getting justice served.

Please tell me any suggestions in helping all those who have been mistreated by this company.

I appreciate any and all advice...

What exactly is your question?

I will say, to begin with, that there are many, many companies out there who are just short of illegal actions. I have a feeling that you're dealing with one of these.

The truth is, without a really good attorney the complaint against the company won't get past a first hearing AND the injured party may have to pay their attorney fees too.

I'm sorry - but again there are many, many companies out there who are <this> far from doing something illegal. They know what they're doing, and they are very aware of what they can and can't do.

Class action suits (which is essentially what you're asking for) are virtually impossible to win without the aid of an attorney.

Stand by for other responses though. Maybe someone else has an idea to help you.

You don't want to try and help 500, OP.
Make your case and help yourself, if you can.
The only winner in a class action lawsuit (which is where you appear headed) is the lawyer litigating the lawsuit.

I don't see much you can do either & whatever you all do will most likely cost you all some money. Did you make a report with the BBB?

You don't want to try and help 500, OP.
Make your case and help yourself, if you can.
The only winner in a class action lawsuit (which is where you appear headed) is the lawyer litigating the lawsuit.

Isn't that the truth?!

Back in Pennsylvania, I worked as a contractor in the class action suit involving a certain diet drug. Several patients/families received substantial payouts (I'm talking $750k + ....the sad thing was that those patients were either dead or dying). But without a doubt, it was the lawyers who made the real money.

Isn't that the truth?!

Back in Pennsylvania, I worked as a contractor in the class action suit involving a certain diet drug. Several patients/families received substantial payouts (I'm talking $750k + ....the sad thing was that those patients were either dead or dying). But without a doubt, it was the lawyers who made the real money.

Remember this one?

In November 1998, the attorneys general of 46 states and four of the largest tobacco companies agreed to settle the state cases. Terms of the settlement are referred to as the Master Settlement Agreement. Highlights include:

1. Tobacco companies agreed to refrain from engaging in certain advertising practices, particularly ad campaigns that marketed cigarettes towards kids.
  2. Tobacco companies agreed to pay annual sums of money to the states to compensate them for health-care costs related to smoking (a minimum of $206 billion over the first twenty-five years).
  3. The settlement created and funded the National Public Education Foundation, dedicated to reducing youth smoking and preventing diseases associated with smoking.
  4. Tobacco companies dissolved three of the biggest tobacco industry organizations.

As long as there are people not willing to do the work themselves, there will be contractors willing to charge for the job regardless of how well it is executed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back