Consumer Fraud third party billings from unauthorized companies

Status
Not open for further replies.

links

I am looking to regain my money based on fraudulent charges and begin the process of a class action lawsuit. HOW DO I DO THIS... I was charged for long distance service even-though I have long distance service with Verizon. Therefore, without authorization, I was double charged.

The suit idea came upon me when I went to the internet and saw how many people were defrauded. Understanding that the billing company is a third party should not remove them from culpability since they did not perform due diligence to determine if the charges from the said company are justified. And they financially profited from the fraud. Why do i use the word fraud... because that is how Verizon termed the additional charges. I believe that my points for this law suit follow the four criteria for class action: numerosity, as seen by the numbers of squawks on the net and by the view of the phone company; commonality, as heard by the people; typicality, all charged unknowingly and without fault; and adequacy, where we were all subjected to the same process of being charged.

what is the next step...

Contact an attorney that deals with class action suits.

Also, make a police report regarding the unauthorized charges on your card. They won't actually do much... but if they do their job they will forward the case to the jurisdiction where the billing company is located... and if that jurisdiction is getitng crazy amounts of complaints then they will act on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back