They took my car

Pawpatrol

Jurisdiction
Arizona
In october i purchased a car and had my friend put it in her name due to legal issues i have. Recently i let a friend use my car and he ended up getting it impounded when he was cited. For a dui. I called and let my other friend know that it was impounded. They went and got my car out of impound with. Out my permission and refuse to give it back to me. Can they legally do this. What should i do.

Can they legally do this.

Yes, your friend OWNED the car the minute you put it in her name.

It's not your car.

The owner was the only one who could get it out of impound and didn't need your permission.

If you want your car back you will have to sue the owner and prove that a constructive trust was created on your behalf. However, when you get to court you'll have to admit to title fraud and insurance fraud. I wonder how that will go over.

If you have "legal issues" you shouldn't be buying cars if you can't legally own one.

If you let your friend put the car in "her name" then it's hers. Next time think before you act.

In october i purchased a car and had my friend put it in her name due to legal issues i have. Recently i let a friend use my car and he ended up getting it impounded when he was cited. For a dui. I called and let my other friend know that it was impounded. They went and got my car out of impound with. Out my permission and refuse to give it back to me. Can they legally do this. What should i do.

What car? Your name isn't on the title or anything so you don't own a car. Smooth move there. Also don't let your alcoholic friends drive your friend's car either.

It is not your car and never was. Your friend had every right to go get the car, did not need your permission and I don't blame them for not giving it back to you. They did you a huge favor and you betrayed that trust by allowing someone else to drive their vehicle.If you can't purchase a car in your name then you will have to resort to public transportation, walking or riding a bicycle.

Back