theftor money missing from bank(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

petitemots

I live in France and have recently disputed with the local gendarmerie an incident which took place in the village bank. I told them I withdrew money from my account in scotland and placed the money for banking in france inside the required envelope. I opened the envelope to retrieve some money from the withdrawal as I needed cash. I counted the money and put in the money and completed a new envelope moved over to the deposit machine and took several minutes to deposit the cash. As it turned out when leaving the bank (I had just opened the door to the bank stepped outside and checked my purse) I found the money I needed and retrieved from the first envelope missing. I stepped back inside the bank and complained I was told I needed the gendermie to view the security camera. I did not get back the money missing and the gendarmerie told me it was not there problem that I needed the bank to view the camera with me. My question is why have I been given the run around about viewing the security camera and who is responsible for my being able to know what was on the camera?

Last edited:
I live in France and have recently disputed with the local gendarmerie an incident which took place in the village bank. I told them I withdrew money from my account in scotland and placed the money for banking in france inside the required envelope. I opened the envelope to retrieve some money from the withdrawal as I needed cash. I counted the money and put in the money and completed a new envelope moved over to the deposit machine and took several minutes to deposit the cash. As it turned out when leaving the bank (I had just opened the door to the bank stepped outside and checked my purse) I found the money I needed and retrieved from the first envelope missing. I stepped back inside the bank and complained I was told I needed the gendermie to view the security camera. I did not get back the money missing and the gendarmerie told me it was not there problem that I needed the bank to view the camera with me. My question is why have I been given the run around about viewing the security camera and who is responsible for my being able to know what was on the camera?

If the police indicate it isn't their responsibility, your only other option would be to speak with the bank executive management.

You might try writing a letter explaining your position.

I wouldn't expect much more than, "we're sorry for your loss, but we can't help you".

You are probably going to have to eat the loss this time.

How much money is in dispute?

missing money

Again thanks for your reply

The some was a 100€ from my widows pension which is all I have plus a few
hours work a week so it is a lot to me.... I thought of writing a letter in French ( getting someone I know to help with writing in french) but as you say the circumstance of how the money went is strange .... also I was told the camera deletes old material after a week .... whether that is true I don't know....its been two weeks now since the incident and I think you're right I will be fobbed of with some excuse or rules from the bank. Just wanted to see if my thoughts were on the right track where that was concerned. I enjoy homemade soup lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back