Other Criminal Charges & Offenses Theft of medical records

3ksmamma

Jurisdiction
Colorado
Wondering if a hospital employee accessing an address from a patient at the hospital that they worked, but patient was not in their care would be a "stealing of medical records case." The address was retrieved to send a roommate something, whom the hospital employee knew was staying with the former patient. An audit of the computer verified that only the registration info was accessed and no actual medical information. The hospital terminated the employee when admitting to accessing the file, but the employee is now facing criminal charges, statute 18-4-412 does not list an address as part of a medical record. Any thoughts?

You should discuss this matter with your attorney.
If you haven't hired one, or had a public defender appointed to assist you, stop discussing this incident.
Talk to your attorney about ONLY, and pose him/her your questions.
You've already caused yourself harm by ADMITTING to doing IT.
You may have lost your job, but I doubt you would have been prosecuted had you NOT admitted to what you did.
You have the RIGHT to remain silent.
Doing what you are ALLEGED to have done wasn't smart, admitting to it was just flat out stupid.
Silence is your friend.

Good luck.

You should discuss this matter with your attorney.
If you haven't hired one, or had a public defender appointed to assist you, stop discussing this incident.
Talk to your attorney about ONLY, and pose him/her your questions.
You've already caused yourself harm by ADMITTING to doing IT.
You may ave lost your job, but I doubt you would have been prosecuted had you NOT admitted to what you did.
You have the RIGHT to remain silent.
Doing what you are ALLEGED to have done wasn't smart, admitting to it was just flat out stupid.
Silence is your friend.

Good luck.
I'm not sure why you are assuming that the case is about me. We are researching the case and these were the facts of the case that are already public record. We are trying to get more information about a specific statute and since this was a site for "legal advice" I thought maybe someone could weigh in on their thoughts and dissecting the statute a little more...thanks for your professional opinion though, very helpful.

I'm not sure why you are assuming that the case is about me. We are researching the case and these were the facts of the case that are already public record. We are trying to get more information about a specific statute and since this was a site for "legal advice" I thought maybe someone could weigh in on their thoughts and dissecting the statute a little more...thanks for your professional opinion though, very helpful.

Okay, the person alleged to have been entangled in the unfortunate event.
Yes, I'm a lawyer, licensed in YOUR state and others.
I am a volunteer, and CHOOSE those that I wish to do legal research in order to assist them with their case(s).
I offered you a lifeline, and was prepared to do a deeper dive, but your LESS than civil reply and chastisement of my efforts has convinced to do that which I suggested to the person with the problem, SILENCE myself as in STFU.
Good luck.

Because generally people come on here asking questions about crimes they've committed and what could happen.

Also you cannot get legal advice on this page. Read the disclaimer at the bottom.

Back