Theft of Electricty

Anniebeeall

Jurisdiction
Massachusetts
A tenant in my building lives on the first floor has a verizon cable/internet system. The problem is it is installed in the basement. The utility electrical plug goes to the unit on the third floor. They are using the third floor electrical current without permission. I unplugged the unit. They said that it is my responsibility to provide them with an electrical outlet. It was there choice to choose a service like verizon. Not all cable/internet companies have setups as Verizon. I explained to them they must choose another company that will use their electrical current. Can you give me more information on this one. Thank you.

A tenant in my building lives on the first floor has a verizon cable/internet system. The problem is it is installed in the basement. The utility electrical plug goes to the unit on the third floor. They are using the third floor electrical current without permission. I unplugged the unit.

You're going to have to explain that better because I have no clue as to who is doing what.

They said that it is my responsibility to provide them with an electrical outlet.

Doesn't their own unit have any electrical outlets?

Can you give me more information on this one.

The best I can do is refer you to the following website. You're going to have to read it all.

Laws and Regulations Governing Cable TV in Massachusetts

Back