The Usual Parking Ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsburgess

This is my first parking ticket. I work at a Tully's, and I parked in their lot, which is also shared by Office Depot and PetSmart. There is a sign that says "No Walk-Offs", but I needed to go to the bank to cash my check. I walked there (it was only a few minutes away) and when I came back there was an official giving me a parking notice. He put at least three of them on other cars, as well. The fee is 60 dollars, even though I was only off the lot for a few minutes, and went into Tully's afterwards. I have an employee parking pass on my car.

It says that if I pay the fee in 14 days, the cost will be reduced by $20. Is this actually true, or are there other hidden fees? And is there anything I can do to dispute the ticket?

Was your employee parking pass valid and in full view? If so, you should be able to get your ticket dismissed quite easily. The walk-off rule is for customers.... which also raises the question of whether you were there for work or if you were there as a customer... but still, if you show up and argue that you have a parking permit I would expect it to get tossed (if you produce evidence of the permit)

I wasn't on work, but I needed to talk to my manager (hence the paycheck). I had a valid parking permit in full view. I left them a voicemail, but the link on the back of their ticket was invalid. Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back