Professional Malpractice The untold truth of retail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomorelies

I've been working for a company for about 4 1/2 in a counter management position. Since that time with the company my store has approached me with several job oppurnities to grow within the company. As soon as I show interest into positions she then retracts the offer and lies to our DM and tell her I'm no longer interested. I'm not sure is she doing that because I'm black and please don't get me wrong I don't want to make it a race issue, but to me that's what's it seem it's turning into. I'm well qualified for both positions and have witness who will sign affivateds stating that she came to me both times and fell back on her words with lies and decent so I have now missed out on making more money and moving up within the company because of her lies. What can I do?

It sounds like it is because you are irreplaceable. Managers do not like to lose their team to comparable promotion. They want to have a team they can grow with. IE DSM moves to higher position, SSM gets promotion, Store Manager gets promotion to SSM. Asst Mgr gets promoted to store manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back