The unicorn

M

Mr hill..

Jurisdiction
Oregon
Where can i get help if this happend to me. I Was arrested and held in jail for two months on charges filed in a indicetment that was NOT A TRUE BILL.. And was relased with the case dismissed all charges droped. I kknow this is a violation of my civil rights i just cant find the help i need. This is a real matter with the copys of paper work with dates to prove it ..help please

This is a clear case of disregard for the law and the people in control think they can do what ever they want and git away with it. Its not right at all and something needs to be done. .

Feel free to start contacting attorneys in the jurisdiction you feel wronged you.

Feel free to start contacting attorneys in the jurisdiction you feel wronged you.
Oh I have and I've done some research on it and it is something that just doesn't happen it is almost like that cant be real. I was told by one lawyer to start out my conversation with. ( You are not going to belive this) And now I cant even get a response back from anyone. Help

Oh I have and I've done some research on it and it is something that just doesn't happen it is almost like that cant be real. I was told by one lawyer to start out my conversation with. ( You are not going to belive this) And now I cant even get a response back from anyone. Help

You were arrested, spent a couple months in jail, eventually you were no billed. Nothing untoward about that fact pattern.

I've done the jail docket call for felony arraignments in several large cities. I've heard that story countless times.

So, what makes your story unique? Were you denied bail? Were you on probation or parole when you were arrested? What were the circumstances surrounding your arrest? Did the police perpetrate violent acts upon your person?

So far, all I know is person was arrested, likely on a complaint. District attorney decided to take the matter to the grand jury. Grand jury no billed, person was released from custody.

If a person is charged with a felony in Oregon, your case will go through a preliminary hearing or to a grand jury hearing.

An Oregon grand jury hearing functions like a preliminary hearing to determine if there is enough probable cause in a particular felony matter to send your case to trial.

The difference between the two is that with a grand jury hearing, the decision is made by a panel of 7 people.

If 5 of the 7 jurors believe sufficient evidence was presented, the jurors will return an indictment (true bill) to the court.

Bully for you, and the no bill.

Why didn't the defense lawyer who got you sprung pursue a civil case?
Why didn't your defense lawyer refer you to a torts lawyer?

My Defense lawyer did refer me to a lawyer but they didnt handel this kind of case.. So im still looking for one ...
Ok sum more facts that might help you see it more clearer..
11/15 Arrested on original charges. Held in jail till 12/15 Released charges dropped no indicetment filed. Sometime in 12/15 The District Attorney asked the Grand Jury for a Indicetment that came back Not A True Bill. On 1/16 Went to court to close the case I thought but was told by my lawyer that they had a Indicetment. The District Attorney asked the judge to arrest me on the charges filed in the indicetment. And the judge did just that locked me up on the charges filed in the complant of the indicetment ( That was not a true bill) And i was held for 57 days. When I was released the day before trial with the case completely dismissed.
Im not any student of the law but I can understand it some what. And from my understanding in the state of Oregon they do not give you a pre trial to see if yiu would face a trial in the the charges against you. They have a Grand Jury and proceed to get a Indicetment. If that Indicetment comes back Not A True Bill then the Grad jury is saying that there is no case and all charges should be droped. And not to be filed again under the same charges unless orderd by the judge.

So you see I was free and the district attorney asked the judge to lock me up on a indictment that he didnt even get a true bill back on and the judge locked me up on it.

I hope that this made it a little more clearer. And thankes for the feed back it helps me make sure there are no holes in it.

My Defense lawyer did refer me to a lawyer but they didnt handel this kind of case.. So im still looking for one ...

11/15 Arrested on original charges. Held in jail till 12/15 Released charges dropped no indicetment filed. Sometime in 12/15 The District Attorney asked the Grand Jury for a Indicetment that came back Not A True Bill. On 1/16 Went to court to close the case I thought but was told by my lawyer that they had a Indicetment. The District Attorney asked the judge to arrest me on the charges filed in the indicetment. And the judge did just that locked me up on the charges filed in the complant of the indicetment ( That was not a true bill) And i was held for 57 days. When I was released the day before trial with the case completely dismissed.

Im not any student of the law but I can understand it some what. And from my understanding in the state of Oregon they do not give you a pre trial to see if yiu would face a trial in the the charges against you. They have a Grand Jury and proceed to get a Indicetment. If that Indicetment comes back Not A True Bill then the Grad jury is saying that there is no case and all charges should be droped. And not to be filed again under the same charges unless orderd by the judge.

So you see I was free and the district attorney asked the judge to lock me up on a indictment that he didnt even get a true bill back on and the judge locked me up on it.

I hope that this made it a little more clearer. And thankes for the feed back it helps me make sure there are no holes in it.

That's not enough to draw even inferences from, much less facts.

I'll ask again.

Were you on parole or probation when you were initially arrested?
What was the original charge?
Were you arrested at the scene of the alleged crime?
If you weren't, were you arrested on a warrant?

Were you arrested on an outstanding warrant for unrelated charges?
Or, after you were arrested on this "unknown to me so far charge", were you also arrested on other unrelated charges, or held pursuant to another warrant(s)?

Were you arraigned?
What bond was set?
Why didn't you make bond?
Why weren't you offered release on recognizance?

I know lawyers.
If they smell a payday, they'll take any case.
Why aren't you being chased?

Have you ever served prison time?
What were the charges?

Have you ever served jail time?
What charges?

That's not enough to draw even inferences from, much less facts.

I'll ask again.

Were you on parole or probation when you were initially arrested?
What was the original charge?
Were you arrested at the scene of the alleged crime?
If you weren't, were you arrested on a warrant?

Were you arrested on an outstanding warrant for unrelated charges?
Or, after you were arrested on this "unknown to me so far charge", were you also arrested on other unrelated charges, or held pursuant to another warrant(s)?

Were you arraigned?
What bond was set?
Why didn't you make bond?
Why weren't you offered release on recognizance?

I know lawyers.
If they smell a payday, they'll take any case.
Why aren't you being chased?

Have you ever served prison time?
What were the charges?

Have you ever served jail time?
What charges?

Ok I will try to answer your questions just how you asked them and then you will see what im saying because if you know a lawyer who would be all over this I need your help. The reason that no one is all over this is because as you are seeing for your self it is almost impossible to belive but ok here we go.

No I wasn't on probation or parole at the time of the arrest nor have i ever been on any one of them in the state of oregon.
The charges were 2 counts of assult 1 with a fire arm 2counts of menacing with a fire arm 1count of fellon in possession of a fire arm 1 count of discharging a fire arm.
No i was not arrested at the scene i was arrested 15 minutes later at my house where we consented to a full search of the residents and two vehicles where no fire armes were found . The police searched the highway where this suposedly happend and found no shell caseings and no one had any injuries or any kind of mark to show what the people were saying to be true. But i was still arrested based on someone said I shot at them.
No i wasent arrested on any other charges or held on anything but the indicetment that was it . He set bail at 25000 and set my court date 56days out. I didnt bail out because i didnt have the money to do so.
And i couldnt git released or even ask for it because i went to court he arrested me the next time i went to court was 56 days later case dismissed.
Yes and no on the have i ever served prison time i went for possession of a controlled substance 3 counts but years later got it over turned and case dismissed. . That was in the state of California
And yes i have been to jail for a couple of things but i had no record in the state of oregon at the time of this at all.

Ok I will try to answer your questions just how you asked them and then you will see what im saying because if you know a lawyer who would be all over this I need your help. The reason that no one is all over this is because as you are seeing for your self it is almost impossible to belive but ok here we go.

No I wasn't on probation or parole at the time of the arrest nor have i ever been on any one of them in the state of oregon.
The charges were 2 counts of assult 1 with a fire arm 2counts of menacing with a fire arm 1count of fellon in possession of a fire arm 1 count of discharging a fire arm.
No i was not arrested at the scene i was arrested 15 minutes later at my house where we consented to a full search of the residents and two vehicles where no fire armes were found . The police searched the highway where this suposedly happend and found no shell caseings and no one had any injuries or any kind of mark to show what the people were saying to be true. But i was still arrested based on someone said I shot at them.
No i wasent arrested on any other charges or held on anything but the indicetment that was it . He set bail at 25000 and set my court date 56days out. I didnt bail out because i didnt have the money to do so.
And i couldnt git released or even ask for it because i went to court he arrested me the next time i went to court was 56 days later case dismissed.
Yes and no on the have i ever served prison time i went for possession of a controlled substance 3 counts but years later got it over turned and case dismissed. . That was in the state of California
And yes i have been to jail for a couple of things but i had no record in the state of oregon at the time of this at all.

Your explanation reveals why lawyers aren't interested in your case.

You're a convicted felon.
Unless you've been PARDONED, or a court overturned the conviction, that conviction you're a felon, sorry.

That's why you were treated in what you believe was a harsh manner.

Nothing unusual here, mate.
A bail set at 25K for those charges, reasonable.
You weren't forced to stay in jail, you just couldn't make bail.
The bail wasn't excessive for the charges, especially with a weapon involved.
You're confusing reasonable cause with mere suspicion.
Your 15 minute disappearance after the alleged deed led the police to believe you were the culprit.

As I said, I've seen this drama play out many times.

Lawyers won't take this type of case on contingency.
If you paid up front a retainer, you'd get a lawyer.
I wouldn't take your case either way.
Despite any encouragement you've received, you have no case for which you can recover.
The authorities were justified in their actions.
You're lucky the grand jurors saw it your way.

Your result is the same as if the case went to trial and a jury set you free.

Probable cause mate, not mere suspicion caused you to be jailed.

Those grand jurors set you free.
Justice has been served.
Enjoy it's bounty, mate.

Your explanation reveals why lawyers aren't interested in your case.

You're a convicted felon.
Unless you've been PARDONED, or a court overturned the conviction, that conviction you're a felon, sorry.

That's why you were treated in what you believe was a harsh manner.

Nothing unusual here, mate.
A bail set at 25K for those charges, reasonable.
You weren't forced to stay in jail, you just couldn't make bail.
The bail wasn't excessive for the charges, especially with a weapon involved.
You're confusing reasonable cause with mere suspicion.
Your 15 minute disappearance after the alleged deed led the police to believe you were the culprit.

As I said, I've seen this drama play out many times.

Lawyers won't take this type of case on contingency.
If you paid up front a retainer, you'd get a lawyer.
I wouldn't take your case either way.
Despite any encouragement you've received, you have no case for which you can recover.
The authorities were justified in their actions.
You're lucky the grand jurors saw it your way.

Your result is the same as if the case went to trial and a jury set you free.

Probable cause mate, not mere suspicion caused you to be jailed.

Those grand jurors set you free.
Justice has been served.
Enjoy it's bounty, mate.
Thank you for your advice in this matter. But just because im a convicted fellon doesnt mean that i dont have constiutional rights that are given to me from birth being a american citezen in the USA. Ido still have some of those. And as I said I know some about the law and I respect it when it is up heald. and in this case you are still over looking the facts. And these I was arrested and charged for the charges in the case 11 days later was released no indecietment filed. 14 days later the district attorney asked the grand jury for a indicetment which came back not a true bill. the case was suposed to be dismissed then. but the DA still offered me a deal on it the very next day. Then 16 days later he asked the judge to lock me up on the charges filed in the indicetment and on that alone. and the case was dismissed for no evidence and not a true bill on the indicetment. So to lock anyone up for 57 days convicted felon or not what ever your past may look like. If they didnt get a true bill they have no rights to take a persons freedom away without the indicment. This is written in the constition of the united states of america. my civil rights were violated by the steps that they took this is a injustas in the legal system and it needs to briught to the light so it doesnt happen again Thank You.

Thank you for your advice in this matter. But just because im a convicted fellon doesnt mean that i dont have constiutional rights that are given to me from birth being a american citezen in the USA. Ido still have some of those. And as I said I know some about the law and I respect it when it is up heald. and in this case you are still over looking the facts. And these I was arrested and charged for the charges in the case 11 days later was released no indecietment filed. 14 days later the district attorney asked the grand jury for a indicetment which came back not a true bill. the case was suposed to be dismissed then. but the DA still offered me a deal on it the very next day. Then 16 days later he asked the judge to lock me up on the charges filed in the indicetment and on that alone. and the case was dismissed for no evidence and not a true bill on the indicetment. So to lock anyone up for 57 days convicted felon or not what ever your past may look like. If they didnt get a true bill they have no rights to take a persons freedom away without the indicment. This is written in the constition of the united states of america. my civil rights were violated by the steps that they took this is a injustas in the legal system and it needs to briught to the light so it doesnt happen again Thank You.

I tried to explain it to you, mate.
I'm not the boss of you, and my opinion is simply anecdotal.
You're focusing on the trivial in my comments.
That's okay, because I have learned that most people want a very specific answer.
Towards that end, I suggest you retain counsel of your choice and liking to assist you with your quest.
I love poking the man, mate.
I've spent my entire adult life doing just that, even as a judge.
In fact, YOU poked the man, too.
You fail to recognize it.
Those grand jurors disagreed with the prosecutor.
In fact, they disagreed so much they voted to set you free.
Despite our many problems we have in this country, our reliance on juries to sift through facts and fiction works.

You, friend, are living, breathing proof of it.
You're a living example of justice.
Yeah, its slow, complicated by design, but God bless those grand jurors.
Those great citizens saw the truth, or lack of proof, no matter; they set you free.

Go live your life, mate.
Stay on the right side, and somewhere in this nation you can strike a blow for yourself.
You paid your debt, now live your life.

One last thing, you kept your mouth shut, you resisted the temptation to plead out.
Another thing I believe in, mate, staying true to yourself.

Thank you for your conversation with this. I respect you input and everything you had to offer. Don't get me wrong I'm not in this because I think there could be a payday at the end no I am doing it for those who have been victims of injustice who didn't know how to stand up against wrong and for those people who sit on the jury's to make there stand to up hold the law the best that they know how. I'm doing it to bring light to a rapidly growing trend in the legal system. where the courts are so over worked that mistakes that woulden't be made are made and life altering affects are the results from it. I m making the stand to remind the good guys that they are still the good guys and should be the simble of justice. Not built of corruption and lies. Thank You once again I pray that you and your loved ones are blessed.

Back