Domestic Violence & Civil Orders The polygraph lead to an indictment today

army judge

Super Moderator
Jurisdiction
Texas

Beware of the beasts.
If you are being beaten, abused, battered; get out now.
Don't stay with an abuser.
Run away, seek help, call the police.
Seth-Gilbert-Williams.jpg
KILLEEN, Texas (KWTX) A Killeen man accused of running a woman down with his car after an argument, leaving the victim seriously injured, was indicted Wednesday for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Seth Gilbert Williams, 31, was arrested on May 31 in connection with the incident, which was reported just after 11 p.m. on May 28 in the area of Evetts Road and Rocky Lane in Killeen.

His bond was set at $100,000.

His name did not appear on the Bell County Jail's online roster Wednesday.

The victim and her 9-year-old son were riding with Williams on May 28 when the woman and Williams began to argue, an arrest affidavit says.

Williams stopped and told the woman to get out of the car.

She and the boy complied and were walking on a sidewalk when Williams, who had circled the block, came up behind them and struck the woman with his car, knocking her to the ground, the affidavit says.

"The victim said that after the suspect knocked her to the ground with the car, he backed up and 'zoomed' forward over her foot, causing the injuries," the affidavit said.

The woman suffered a compound fracture, required surgery and will be required to wear a cast for weeks, the affidavit says.

Officers later contacted Williams at his home.

He confirmed he argued with the woman and that she got out of the car, and told officers he "somehow accidentally bumped the victim with the car."

"The suspect stated he was intoxicated and did not remember all of the details," the affidavit said.
Central Texas man accused of running down woman with car indicted

Here's the problem - the majority of domestic related homicides are when the victim tries to leave. Leaving is actually the worst time for a domestic violence victim. It's extremely hard for some people to leave when they have no money, no family, no resources.

I tell people to leave. I have been there but I was lucky that I had all the money, the car, the home and he had nothing. It was easier to get him out. But some aren't as lucky. Hopefully they can access resources in their community to help them get out safely. That's the key - having a plan and people who can help.

Back