The misspelled of my name on all court documentsthe emergency application for assistance

Nicolepimentel

Jurisdiction
Massachusetts
I have a Summary Judgement by Default and could not have the default removed so now I will be. I'm filing a Motion to Stay but I'm really scared. I will have nowhere to go. I have housing but after PUA ended everything went downhill quickly because Housing took so long to readjust my rent share. I've applied for emergency aid to pay the past due rent but because I defaulted, (due to mental health issues, I was late) The landlord is still receiving the full rent from Housing, now, minus my $35 rent share, which I've attempted to pay. Besides this Motion, can my misspelled name protect me from the execution of the removal?

Besides this Motion, can my misspelled name protect me from the execution of the removal?

I doubt that the purported misspelling of your name will inure any benefit or advantage to you and change the trajectory of the matter currently at the bar.

That said, if you desire precise answers to your legal uncertainties, you should consult a MA licensed attorney knowledgeable in eviction matters.

Besides this Motion, can my misspelled name protect me from the execution of the removal?

Probably not. It's something that a judge might consider harmless error and allow to be corrected.

What are your grounds for requesting a stay, other than the name thing?

Hard to believe that a landlord would evict you for $35 a month that you can't pay. Is there something else going on?

Back