The First Amendment Get's Stomped On.

This is probably less a 1A issue and more about him breaking protocol by shouting out an off-topic question and being obnoxious about it.

I just don't see how kicking them out of the room, had been an actual journalist, is any different than a White House press secretary taking a question and then answering with something that isn't an answer to the question asked.

I just don't see how kicking them out of the room, had been an actual journalist, is any different than a White House press secretary taking a question and then answering with something that isn't an answer to the question asked.
Really? You don't see how it's different?

In one situation, the question is being stifled. In the other, the question is not being stifled.

In both cases, the question got out there and wasn't answered.

But there is one difference. In the case of the White House, answering questions is half of her job.

In both cases, the question got out there and wasn't answered.

But there is one difference. In the case of the White House, answering questions is half of her job.
No. There is two differences. In the case of the White House the person that asked the question wasn't carried out of the room by 4 officers. And that the big offence. Had McCarthy chosen to not answer that wouldn't have been a big deal...that is done quite often when a politician doesn't want to answer a question. Both sides do this. But to go so far to have a reporter physically carried out? THAT is an outrage.
And considering the topic McCarthy was speaking oh, so passionately about, his actions are not only an outrage, but hypocritical as well.

Last edited:
Blue, you don't get it.

Grant Stern sits on the left hand side of the aisle. Therefore, he has no right of of free speech, no right to ask any question, and no right of dignity. Anything done to stifle his asking a question is fair game.

If he sat on the right hand side of the aisle, PayrollDude would be outraged and blaming anyone who has so much as made a left hand turn off the main road.

Blue, you don't get it.

Grant Stern sits on the left hand side of the aisle. Therefore, he has no right of of free speech, no right to ask any question, and no right of dignity. Anything done to stifle his asking a question is fair game.

If he sat on the right hand side of the aisle, PayrollDude would be outraged and blaming anyone who has so much as made a left hand turn off the main road.
Well! Duh on me!! Thank you Dearest for edumacating me in the New World Order. I'll go and guzzle several gallons of Pinko Red Koolaid so that this seems acceptable to me. :confused:

You don't see a difference between simply not answering a question and having someone physically removed from the room? I'd think the difference quite obvious.

Had the White House had a Fox reporter dragged out of a press briefing I have no doubt you'd be on here outraged. And rightly so. You should be just as outraged when a Republican does it, if you have a good sense of equity.

You don't see a difference between simply not answering a question and having someone physically removed from the room? I'd think the difference quite obvious.

Had the White House had a Fox reporter dragged out of a press briefing I have no doubt you'd be on here outraged. And rightly so. You should be just as outraged when a Republican does it, if you have a good sense of equity.
It is certainly better than having them investigated.

Fox News reporter secretly monitored by Obama administration: court documents

I notice you mentioned only the Obama administration. The Trump administration did it, too. Doesn't that outrage you, too? If you are truly fair, you should condemn both for it.

Trump spied on journalists. So did Obama. America needs more press freedom now | Trevor Timm

Report: Trump's Justice Department Spied on at Least Five Reporters From Outlets Trump Despised

While I don't agree with it when Trump did it either in the cases I'm aware of it was done to find a national security leak within the administration.

While I don't agree with it when Trump did it either in the cases I'm aware of it was done to find a national security leak within the administration.

No, he basically did it because he despised the reporters that were investigated. His abuse was no better than Obama's. I know you want to paint the "libtards" as more evil given your political outlook, but in this instance Trump deserves at least as much blame as Obama. As a Republican myself I'd like to believe that my party operates on a higher moral ground, but that's been hard to do since Trump took office. In any even, on this issue IMO both were just as wrong to launch these secret investigations of reporters when there was no evidence the reporters themselves had committed any crime.

Back