The ads that are now showing up...

zddoodah

at the bottom of the original post in every thread (I think it's every thread) are insanely annoying.

I get that ad revenue is important, but can't they be placed in a less obnoxious location?

at the bottom of the original post in every thread (I think it's every thread) are insanely annoying.

I get that ad revenue is important, but can't they be placed in a less obnoxious location?

Hmm, I have never seen any advertisements, such as you describe on this website.

Could it be your browser?

There are ad blockers one can deploy to eliminate most (if not all) ads.

I'm not running any ad blocker and don't see any ads at the bottom of posts on this site.

Edited to add: But I do see them on another forum. Perhaps you meant a different forum than this one?

I post on four forums; I've seen this complaint on two of them within the last 24 hours and I'm not seeing any ads on any of the four. I use an adblocker. I recommend it. (Sorry, Michael :) )

I see a BIG ol' ad inside your opening post. It's for a criminal defense attorney.

No.

If I knew how to upload a screenshot, I would, but the "image" and "media" buttons seem to want URLs.

When you post a comment look to the right of the green post reply button. the green upload a file button allows you to upload directly from your computer.Arizona-Sunshine - Smaller.jpg

PUPS aren't fluffy and cute.

PUPS hijack your browser and could harm your device.

BEWARE WARNING DANGER PELIGRO

What is up with: "Allow Website Notifications"?

"Allow Website Notifications" is a spam promotion method that has recently become popular amongst cyber criminals. It is a simple method used to promote various malicious sites. Research shows that users typically encounter "Allow Website Notifications" when they have potentially unwanted adware-type programs (PUPs) installed on their computers. In some cases, these pop-ups occur after clicking intrusive advertisements displayed by malicious sites.

Remove Pop-up ads (Removal Guide) - Aug 2019 update

Browser Hijackers – Set Your Browser Free | Cyber Security

Pop-Up Mobile Ads Surge as Sites Scramble to Stop Them

How to remove Allow Website Notifications POP-UP Scam - virus removal guide (updated)

None of you will need ad blockers for the site. I've been a bit late to getting back to this because of an unusual injury I suffered that set me back the past few days. (Ankle sprain that had me seriously worried and immobile.) Fortunately I'm still a quick healer and getting things done now. I should attend to this today and you can follow up if any of you see the ads tomorrow, which should in no way be obnoxious. They are few and far between here.

Back