(texas) Car Towed Without My Permission!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cacazoid

:mad: I LEFT MY 2000 DODGE AT MY MOMS RESIDENCE,(BOUT A YEAR!) SHE CALLED THE DEALERSHIP TO HAVE IT CHECKED, THEY HAD IT TOWED TO THEYRE SHOP, NOW MY MOM NEVER PICKED UP THE CAR FROM DEALER, HER PHONE IS DISCONNECTED, YESTERDAY I GET A CALL FROM THE TOWING COMPANY, ( THEY GOT MY # OFF THE HUGE 4 SALE SIGHN IN THE CAR), SAYING IN ORDER TO GET THE CAR THEY NEED TO BE PAYED 300$ CAUSE THEY TOWED IT AGAIN TO THEYRE LOT AT THE DEALERS REQUEST, NOW MY PROBLEM IS THAT I NEVER AUTHORIZED IT TO BE MOVED ANY WHERE!, NOW THE TOWTRUCK LOSER IS TELLING ME HOW HES GIVING ME A GREAT DEAL, AND THAT ''HE DOESNT WANNA HAVE TO SELL MY NICE CAR'', WHEN LITTLE DOES HE KNOW THAT THAT CAR DOESNT HAVE A TITLE I STILL OWE ABOUT 2000$ ON IT AND CHRYSTLER FINANCIAL DOESNT EVEN WANNA PICK IT UP CAUSE ITS A LEMON,,,,, WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Well, you can pay the tow and go get the car ... and/or you can sue your mom for the costs associated with the tow.

What options do you think you have?

I doubt mom wanted to run a used car lot in her yard ... perhaps you should get it out of the tow yard and then put it in YOUR yard for a while.

- Carl

Well, you can pay the tow and go get the car ... and/or you can sue your mom for the costs associated with the tow.

What options do you think you have?

I doubt mom wanted to run a used car lot in her yard ... perhaps you should get it out of the tow yard and then put it in YOUR yard for a while.

- Carl

WELL MY MOM DIDNT HAVE MY PERMISSION TO TOW THE CAR TO THE DEALERSHIP FOR REPAIRS, THUS THE DEALERSHIP HAD IT TOWED AWAY, I WANT MY CAR BACK BUT IM NOT GOING TO PAY 300$ BECAUSE SOME PERSON HAD MY CAR TOWED TO A DEALER SHIP THAT ISNT THEIRS, THEY NEED TO RETURN THE CAR TO ME AND GO BILL MY MOM OR SUE HER

Your mom apparently authorized the tow and you left her in care and custody of your vehicle. YOU will probably have to sue mom, not them. But, maybe you can bluff and bluster them to get them to return the car, but I doubt it.

- Carl

I Dont Want Tha Damn Car Anyways Its A P.o.s! But I Surley Dont Want That Asshole Towtruck Guy To Benefit Off It Either! Im Curious How The Hell Is He Going To Sell That Car When It Doesnt Run, And Doesnt Have A Title!!!! Chrystler Financial Still Holds It!!! ?????

Yea I Dont Know Carl I Guess Ill Find Out,today, It Might Be A Battle That I Dont Want To Win! I Mean I Really Dont Want The Car In My Yard, And I Cant Sell It, Maybe Its A Blessing That They Just Keep It And Deal With It?

I Dont Want Tha Damn Car Anyways Its A P.o.s! But I Surley Dont Want That Asshole Towtruck Guy To Benefit Off It Either! Im Curious How The Hell Is He Going To Sell That Car When It Doesnt Run, And Doesnt Have A Title!!!! Chrystler Financial Still Holds It!!! ?????
He can sell it as is ... I presume that your state has a lien sale process like most other states, so if you don't claim it he can sell it. He will then subtract what you owe for the tow from the amount he sells it for, and he may be able to come after you for the balance of his bill.

Soooo ... in addition to the $2,000 you still owe on it, you could be on the hook for whatever tow and impound fees might accrue after whatever time passes on his tow lot. $300 will be a lot cheaper, I suspect.

- Carl

I Dont Know Things Are Different Here In Texas, Who Is He Really Going To Bill? My Mom, The Dealership, Or Me? Id Think My Mom Would Get The Bill, As He Doesnt Even Know Who I Am?

I Dont Know Things Are Different Here In Texas, Who Is He Really Going To Bill? My Mom, The Dealership, Or Me? Id Think My Mom Would Get The Bill, As He Doesnt Even Know Who I Am?
The registered owner of the vehicle will be the party responsible for the debt. I presume that would be you.

And how do you say he doesn't know who you are? He told you the cost of the tow, so apparently he knows how to get in touch with you.

If you bring a gun with you to the tow yard, expect to go to jail if you in any way exhibit it or imply a threat with it.

- Carl

yea CARL, im a convicted felon so i was jk bout the gun! but i went there and yea he denied towing it to the dealer, he said he just towed it from the dealer, so im pretty much screwed as i am the owner of the vehicle,i guess ill just have to let him sell it and ruin my credit score a little more than it allready is,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back