terminated

Status
Not open for further replies.

acontre1

2 weeks ago was terminated from my job. I was accused for suppose lying on my application about a conviction when I was 17 I'm 27 now. The security man accused and insisted that I had a conviction. I replied by saying that I didn't know I had a conviction thought it was dismissed. He said he would have to report to HR. Work for a week and was terminated. So I took upon myself to go to the firm that represented me on the case he look up my record and said there was never no conviction it was dismissed they had gave me 6 month probation which I stayed out of trouble and was dismissed. How should I approach this to them? On the application It ask if ever convicted which I said no don't know what I did wrong.

If you were given six months of probation, your case was not dismissed. It sounds like you were given a deferred sentence but that is not the same as a not guilty verdict.

On the application It ask if ever convicted which I said no don't know what I did wrong. You lied on the application form. Since you were 17 when this happened, you may want to go back to the attorney who represented you and inquire whether it's possible to have your record expunged. Some States allow that, some don't.

So you're saying that I was convicted. But why would lawyer say that I wasn't convicted I'm confused. Previous employers never mentioned anything about either.

I'm saying that some legal record was necessarily created, even if you had a deferred sentence. If the judge thought you were innocent of the crime you were charged with, you wouldn't have been given six months of probation. Your question really as to your criminal conviction status really belongs on the criminal law boards, not employment law.

What if the application said to omit any offence before the 18 birthday and was adjudicated
in a junenile court or youth offender law is that the same as court. Like I told them I thought this was dissmissed never knew this was in my record. Judge just told me to stay out of trouble even the probation part didn't know about or just didn't know what it meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back