Tenate issues with landlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

MandieMarkland

When i moved into my rental there were odds & ends not fixed like broken door knobs and leaking sinks. I have reason to believe that the lease agreement is not legal. I was held responsible for managing the well.and lawn care. The landlord was responsible for trash pick up and half the time it was not picked up because it wasn't paid until payment was stopped permanently and i was forced to have my own trash removal services. I paid my rent every month and was not informed that he was not paying his mortgage on the property and now the property is going up for sheriff sale and i have to leave. What can i do? Is my landlord breaking the Tenate code? Can i get my money back?? Who do i call and what is my next steps.

If you have a valid lease, it must be honored. The only way you have to leave is if you're evicted. If you paid for services you weren't required to pay for, you can sue the landlord. Seeing as how he's broke, why bother?

Your rights, having been explained, if I were you, I'd make arrangements to move voluntarily. Leasing from private landlords can be very risky these days. But, what isn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back