Tenant - Threatening Neighbors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee_Lee

My husband and I live next to a rental house (same size house as ours; 1600 sqare feet; 4 separate 2 room apartments; super-cheap each apartment).
On March 17th we came home to a new tenant. Windows and blinds wide open, drinking, tatoos... but we were like, "It is St. Patrick's Day." We went to dinner had a some drinks came home, he was still in the window sitting where he could see us (wierd).
We came inside our home and watch the basketball tourny until 10:45. I went out on our porch for a cigerate. The new tenant called me a bitch, told me and my husband as he walked out on the porch that if we did not pay him $1000 by tomorrow he would blow our F###ing heads off.
Long story super-short: I called -911, police came, he threatened them, they tazed him, he went to the emergency room and was back by 8:00 am the next day (Police said he was huffing paint... nice first day in the neighborhood).
The next day he acted quiet-crazy in the window all day. That night we saw the police at the house. They arrested him for calling 911 and threating to kill the police (repeatedly, on his cell phone).
He was gone for seven weeks. Now he is back.
The landlord told us that he would have the apartment "condemended" while he was gone. "So, if he tries to comes back he will be arrested."
Come to find out, the landlord simply turned off his power by flipping fuses and locking the fuse box (which the tenant turned back on in 4 days).
I have lived in this house for 7 years! I have never had any problems. I want this guy gone. I don't feel comfortable in my own home anymore (It's been a little over a week since he's been back).
My husband called the landlord and he said, "I'm just not a confontational person. I am the middle child. I will call Duke Power this time and have the power turned off."
The power has been off for over a week and the neighbor is still there. Is there anything we can do? The police told us the landlord would have to have the guy evicted? I need some advice because I don't feel safe....
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back