tenant-tenant

Status
Not open for further replies.

loryder

I live in an apartment with 3 other roomates, during the summer 3 of us left, and one stayed. half way through the summer i came back to find someone else living in my room, the roomate staying there told him he could stay there (a friend of his apparently) and he's been there for over a month.

I am furious, becuase the only reason i didnt sublet out my room for the summer is because i didnt want someone living in my room with my stuff in there, but someone did anyway and I am not even compensated for it.

I can't bring this issue to the landlord b/c we can all be subject to eviction... and I want my share of a month's rent from him in return, and he refuses to give me anything... i was wondering if there was any legal basis for what im asking, and if there's anything i can do about it.

Absolutely -- I'd take him to small claims court and also ask for punitive damages, awarded in the discretion of the court. I can understand the problem of being evicted. Small claims court is a GREAT, underused remedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back