Tenant sent me pictures and are arguing copyright now

• Thread Starter realestatequestions
  • Start date
R

realestatequestions

Jurisdiction
California
The tenant at a property sent me pictures to use to put on the local real estate portal.
Now that they are disputing various rent deposits etc. they have decided to claim copyright and that I am manipulating and using their photos without proper copyright.
They also want to dispose every applicant and ask if the photos helped influence the marketing. My question is if they consented to sending and taking the pictures to me, can they pull copyright now?
I removed them immediately after they requested. However, the pictures stay a little longer on other marketing websites.
Thank you for your help

Your tenants can do or say anything they want. What matters is how scared you get when they do and say it.

Until somebody serves you with a summons and complaint (lawsuit) I suggest you tell your tenants to pound sand and then stop talking to them.

If they have breached the lease or rental agreement in any way, shape or form, you jump on them with both feet, in writing, in any manner authorized by lease and law.

I suggest you carefully study the following CA landlord tenant guide:

http://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/landlordbook/catenant.pdf

And the landlord tenant statutes at:

CA Codes (civ:1940-1954.1)

Tenants will walk all over you if you don't develop a heart of stone to deal with them.

Back