Tenant Rights - Landlord asking neighbors to Spy

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikon79

My jurisdiction is: PA, USA

Ok so I live on the second floor of a Semi-detached house. We rent the property from our landlord. The entrance to our home is on the left side of the house directly facing our neighbors property who we sort of get along with but have had some trouble with in the past. My problem is this. I tend to have a good amount of people over at my house sometimes late in to the evening because i fix computers and network equiptment for clients and friends. People come to me for advice and my door is always open. Sometimes people just pop in to ask me a question or pick up a part meaning there is people in and out of my house all day sometimes for short periods of time. I got a note on my door today from my neighbor stating that my landlord had asked him to video tape our entrance to our home and our home itself. And that the camera was in his middle window and there is also a very bright floodlight pointing directly at our apt. so the camera can see. This is complete crap and a total invasion of privacy. I dont know if he thinks that I am selling drugs because of the people going in and out all the time or whats going on. I completely plan on getting to the bottom of the reason my landlord asked my neighbor to do this and why he agreed tomorrow morning i would have tonight but it was too late. My question is ; Is this Legal ? I mean if i find out that this isnt going to stop i will move to a different place but i feel like this is completely unwarrented and illegal. It is a complete total invasion of privacy and lack of trust. Is there any thing i can do ? Please help. Im hate moving and i really dont want to have to smack the neighbor.

Totally Frustrated and cant sleep!!!!!!

From the activity you describe, it is quite likely that drug dealing is suspected.

Explain to the landlord why all the activity.

Gail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back