Tenant Gone 3 Months, now comes back

Status
Not open for further replies.

inaelly

:no: I had a tenant leave out of the country in late august without paying for September's rent. They said the would be gone 1 month. I've servered them a notice to quit and it has passed and we're going in tomorrow to get a court date and one of our other tenants told us that this absent tenent came back today. However we changed the locks and posted a public notice that there had been break ins in the are and due to security reasons we cahnged the locks and that all tenants should see me for new keys. So as of today she owes me 3 months or $3600 and I will probably see her tomorrow when I come home from work.:dgrin

Any advice? Do I have to give her keys? If I do and she has no money for me, is there anything I can do? I thought of making up a fake document and tell her that the courts already decided in my favor and that if she wants back in she has to give me the $3600 she owes. I know, why wouuld I want her back in. I have 5 kids and it's christmas, I need the money.

Please help!

What can I do? I need advice and reference fast!!!!! :angel

Thanks

D

...I thought of making up a fake document and tell her that the courts already decided in my favor and that if she wants back in she has to give me the $3600 she owes....

Sounds like something I don't want to get involved in.

I doubt that any other posters here would be very interested either.

Said our of anger

As I'm sure you can uunderestand, having tenants leave the country for 3 months without paying any rent is upsetting. My comments about fake douments are purely emotionally driven.

Having said that, I was looking for advice on any action I could take besides continuing on with pursuing a court date to start eviction proceedings since the 14-day notice to quit has expired. To be more specific, my question revolves around the fact that I asked her to sign a one year lease and she's never returned it signed. I always sign after the tenant signs first. After many other issues with this tenant, I informed her that I no longer wish to offer her a one year lease and that I prefer that she signs a tenant at will agreement. She hasn't returned any of that paper work.

Q: So she essentially has not signed agreement. Does this change my legal standing as a londlord?

I have the same situation, rented to woman via a verbal month to month for 3 years. tenant got married a few months ago then left her bum husband by moving out.
After 3 months of his lies on committment to pay (meet me here, meet me there) and of course he never shows up, just one lie after another. Finally i forced myself into MY house and this bum calls the cops on me. Tenant told me he knows his rights and he's not moving out until he receives a final eviction notice from the sheriff's department. That told me this bum knows the ropes and pulls crap like this. I told him "New Roomate Pal, get use to it, I'll be moving in." Cops came and told me I can't throw him out being he's been there for 30 days but I too can stay there being he doesn't have a lease and being I'm the owner. Tonight when this bum goes to my house I'm going over to practice my trumpet as loud as I can, I'll be blowing sour notes for a good four hous. LOl I'l get this sorry ass loser out one way or another. He was shocked when the cops told him I can move back into my old house being he doesn't have a lease. Toimorrow I'm going to be sanding some wood using an electrc sander in the living room and let the dust fly where ever it wishes. Will be sure to use fine sandpaper to get good air-borne dust flow throught the house. LOL I'm actually enjoying breaking this bum's balls.

Of course this stuff pisses you off. I've been in a wheelchair all my life and worked hard to get where I am today. Then to see this bum who is physically fit take advantage like this is and milk the system is absolutely sickening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back