Tenant at will

CLR1022

Jurisdiction
Georgia
I live in Camden county georgia and I am evicting a tenant at will. She is claiming that because there is no lease se does not have to pay the rent and utilities she owes me as she is past due 2 months. There is also damage to the room they have rented.

My question is does she still have to pay like a tenant with a lease? Not just a verbal agreement?

I live in Camden county georgia and I am evicting a tenant at will. She is claiming that because there is no lease se does not have to pay the rent and utilities she owes me as she is past due 2 months. There is also damage to the room they have rented.

My question is does she still have to pay like a tenant with a lease? Not just a verbal agreement?

Of course she's responsible for paying her rent.
In all reality, you won't collect a dime.
You'll request the court evict her, the court will order her eviction, you'll get a judgment against her, which you'll probably never collect.

Been there, done that, sold all of my rental properties, too many deadbeats, too much trouble.

Good luck.

Agree with Army Judge. Also been there, done that.

I'll add one more comment.

The questions you ask and that you let this person go without paying rent for two months tells me that you have no business being a landlord and should sell the property as soon as you get rid of this tenant. Otherwise you will get burnt over and over again.

Back