Permanent Residency Temporary greencard; divorce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joellesinkavich

I recieved my temporary green card on September 16th 2009, and it is valid until September 2011. However my husband and I are getting a divorce, but the marriage was entered in good faith, which I can prove.

I have a couple of questions:

1) will my temporary green card be revoked immediately when my divorce becomes final?

2) When do I file for the petition to have the conditions of my temporary green card removed?

Contact immigration and discuss this with them or go and speak with them in person.

You might have the card revoked, especially these days. It looks to them like a sham marriage. It may be as you say, but it looks bad.

Hire a lawyer, some of them can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joellesinkavich said:
Why does it look bad? I have known my husband for many years and we have a history that proves we were dating for years.
You wanted advice I gave it to you. I am not going to argue with you. You know why it COULD look bad to immigration. Ultimately, they make the call. Hire an attorney or pursue it yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm, let me ask my unmagic illegal ball; Fall of 2009!!! :rolleyes:

Don't you roll those eyes at me, Sir :dgrin

(or, if you do, at least buy me a drink first!)

Because the rebuttal to your statement is, "not necessarily".

Remember, I'm an immigrant - I didn't receive even my temporary green-card until I'd been married for six months.

Thus my question.

Don't you roll those eyes at me, Sir :dgrin

(or, if you do, at least buy me a drink first!)

Because the rebuttal to your statement is, "not necessarily".

Remember, I'm an immigrant - I didn't receive even my temporary green-card until I'd been married for six months.

Thus my question.

Madam, do you realize that you only buttressed my argument?
I'm sure you did. :beer:
Okay, January, 2010.
Does that help? :roflmao::cheer:

After marriage you get the green card for 2 years and they call you back after 2 years and then they give a Green card for 10 years for any reason with in this first 2 years if you are getting divorce then they will not extend your green card but if you guys are getting divorce because your husband is cheating on you or not treating you good and If you can proof this then you can get your green card extended for another 10 years on abused spouse basis or else they will revoke your green card ....

Please Note :- I'm not a attorney but I have read a lot about immigration and I help a lot people on these type of cases . So it's always advisble to hire a lawyer.

Thank you
All the best !!!

After marriage you get the green card for 2 years and they call you back after 2 years and then they give a Green card for 10 years for any reason with in this first 2 years if you are getting divorce then they will not extend your green card but if you guys are getting divorce because your husband is cheating on you or not treating you good and If you can proof this then you can get your green card extended for another 10 years on abused spouse basis or else they will revoke your green card ....

Please Note :- I'm not a attorney but I have read a lot about immigration and I help a lot people on these type of cases . So it's always advisble to hire a lawyer.

Thank you
All the best !!!

Please don't resurrect old threads. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back