Teenager rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpme09

I am 16-years-old, and after living my whole life in florida my dad takes a job in north carolina. i stayed there for four months with my aunt, but was forced to move here a little while ago. I desperately dont want to be here and was wondering if there is anything i can do to get back to florida.

Q: I desperately dont want to be here and was wondering if there is anything i can do to get back to florida.

A: Yes. Get a full-time job and support yourself 100%.

Where is your mom?

Unless you are able to legally emancipate yourself you might be stuck.

My mom lives here too...

So youre saying by getting a job and supporting myself, I can leave without their consent?

No. You have to have yourself declared legally emanicipated. Its actually a tough provess and generally only teens with alot of money are successful in doing this. You'll need to see an attorney.

Have you tried talking to your parents about how unhappy you are?

See heres the thing...

i was under temporary guardianship of my aunt in florida to finish the school year, but now that its over i had to come up to NC. for the last five years i have been attending the most prestigious magnent schools and the last two have been spent in the IB program (a very tough thing to achieve). there is no IB school around and by me living up here i am forfeiting the prior education i achieved. and they dont care, they just want me to be up here with them. i dont know anyone and havent been out of the house except for dumb crap, and i have done some research and it turns out i have depression. i just want to go back to florida to finish school and get on with my life, but i feel i stay here im going to do something stupid.

See heres the thing...

i was under temporary guardianship of my aunt in florida to finish the school year, but now that its over i had to come up to NC. for the last five years i have been attending the most prestigious magnent schools and the last two have been spent in the IB program (a very tough thing to achieve). there is no IB school around and by me living up here i am forfeiting the prior education i achieved. and they dont care, they just want me to be up here with them. i dont know anyone and havent been out of the house except for dumb crap, and i have done some research and it turns out i have depression. i just want to go back to florida to finish school and get on with my life, but i feel i stay here im going to do something stupid.

I felt the same way when I was 16.

Except I could spell.

Unfortunately teenagers really don't have any rights. I know it is hard for you, but obviously your parents love you too much to want to be separated from you and that's a good thing.

Last edited:
Alright thanks a lot for your help. I'll just have to find a different way to get back.

And seniorjudge, I wasn't informed of the importance to have proper grammar while posting, but next time I need help I'll make sure that each and every word is composed in correct MLA format...

Alright thanks a lot for your help. I'll just have to find a different way to get back.

And seniorjudge, I wasn't informed of the importance to have proper grammar while posting, but next time I need help I'll make sure that each and every word is composed in correct MLA format...

A very good idea.

You have learned a valuable lesson: If you want people to pay attention, present yourself correctly.

A very good idea.

You have learned a valuable lesson: If you want people to pay attention, present yourself correctly.
You should note that the fragment "a very good idea" cannot be presented in a sentence without a subject and a verb.

After me mentioning that I'm depressed, don't you feel it inconsiderate to criticize a petty issue such as my grammar?

Last edited:
You should note that the fragment "a very good idea" cannot be presented in a sentence without a subject and a verb.

Read Faulkner or Hemingway for other examples of sentence fragments. They create interest. Really!

After me mentioning that I'm depressed, don't you feel it inconsiderate to criticize a petty issue such as my grammar?

Absolutely not! Learning is one way to help depression. Pay attention to me and you could learn some more!

...i have been attending the most prestigious magnent schools....

A law school professor I had said that if you couldn't spell it, then you couldn't prove to him that you knew what you were talking about!

Faulkner and Hemingway used fragments to create interest in fiction novels and indeed were successful in doing so, but in what grammar book does it condone the use of them in factual writing?

I'll disregard your arrogance and input that your criticism is doing nothing to make me feel better.

I am sincerely sorry that I incorrectly spelled "magnet."

Q: Faulkner and Hemingway used fragments to create interest in fiction novels and indeed were successful in doing so, but in what grammar book does it condone the use of them in factual writing?

A: Now you're thinking! Good for you and that was an insightful comment.

http://www.writersdigest.com/archiveitemdisplay.asp?id=1833&secondarycategory=Children's+Subhome+Page

Q: I'll disregard your arrogance and input that your criticism is doing nothing to make me feel better.

A: Thanks.

Q: I am sincerely sorry that I incorrectly spelled "magnet."

A: Faulkner was a horrible speller. He had a lawyer friend who helped him with that.

Q: Faulkner and Hemingway used fragments to create interest in fiction novels and indeed were successful in doing so, but in what grammar book does it condone the use of them in factual writing?

A: Now you're thinking! Good for you and that was an insightful comment.

http://www.writersdigest.com/archiveitemdisplay.asp?id=1833&secondarycategory=Children's+Subhome+Page

Q: I'll disregard your arrogance and input that your criticism is doing nothing to make me feel better.

A: Thanks.

Q: I am sincerely sorry that I incorrectly spelled "magnet."

A: Faulkner was a horrible speller. He had a lawyer friend who helped him with that.
I do not believe my intelligence needs sarcastic congradulations.

Faulkner was also an adulterous drunkard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back