Teenage parents rights & grandparents rights

M

Mgperez

Jurisdiction
Illinois
I'm 16, & my boyfriend is 16. I'm pregnant, & my boyfriend loves my baby, my pregnancy was planned & he's willing to take full responsibility for my child & wants to stay with me . But his parents are bullying me, they're telling me the child is a mistake & are threatening to take my boyfriend away. He's underage so they still have power over him but he doesn't want to miss a day of my baby's life . What can I do so that his parents don't get in the way of that?

You can't do anything, now. Both you and boyfriend are subject to your parents' rules until you are of age of majority in your state. If you had waited until you were both adults, then he could be with you and Baby every day. But, no, you couldn't see that far down the road, could you?

What can I do so that his parents don't get in the way of that?

Absolutely nothing. As long as he is a minor, he does and goes what and where his parents say he does and goes. If you want the rights of an adult, you need to wait until you are one. A planned pregnancy at 16 tells the authorities that you need more adult supervision, not less; there is no action either you nor he can take that will force his parents to make him do anything they don't want him to do.

I'm 16, & my boyfriend is 16. I'm pregnant, & my boyfriend loves my baby, my pregnancy was planned & he's willing to take full responsibility for my child & wants to stay with me . But his parents are bullying me, they're telling me the child is a mistake & are threatening to take my boyfriend away. He's underage so they still have power over him but he doesn't want to miss a day of my baby's life . What can I do so that his parents don't get in the way of that?

wow... are kids really this stupid these days. Planned pregnancy at 16. Screw school, Screw life, Screw providing for my child because others will take care of my stupid choices.

There's not a thing you can do... NOTTA, ZIP.. As a matter of fact since your so young. They could even take your child if you screw up. Come back here in 2 years and tell us how wonderful life is for you then.

There is nothing either of you can do about this. He may want to be in child's and yours but there is no law that can compel that. In fact due to your sexual contact and recent poor choices I can see why his parents and probably yours as well would make the decision to keep you apart. At your ages its also likely one or both of you will change how you feel about the other and end your relationship and possible leave child without other parent. You and he both need to rethink your plan ans it was not thought through. Being a parent is NOT a cake walk and will change your life forever! In fact let me suggest for these nonlegal issues you got to site linked below its a parenting forum where you can discuss the impact this choice will have on your life with others who may have made similar choices.

Parent Nook Forums - Index page

The only think you can both do is try to get along with his parents and hope that in time they may come around to accepting the fact of the child(their grandchild).

His parents can do whatever they want with their son. He's 16 he has no control over his life right now. You can do absolutely nothing. When he's 18 he can come find you and the baby. Until then looks like you're on your own. Perhaps be a little more careful and cautious next time you decide to have sex with someone and use some protection.

As you are unmarried, legally this is not his child. Until he is 18, he is subject to his parents' rules and if their kid is purposely causing pregnancies at his age, that is a very good indication that he needs increased supervision and guidance. I would strongly suggest your parents contact his and all of you have a sit down to discuss this situation.

wow... are kids really this stupid these days. Planned pregnancy at 16. Screw school, Screw life, Screw providing for my child because others will take care of my stupid choices.

There's not a thing you can do... NOTTA, ZIP.. As a matter of fact since your so young. They could even take your child if you screw up. Come back here in 2 years and tell us how wonderful life is for you then.

I remember my youth.
We had our issues, but they were never as outlandish as what kids do these days.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know every generation thinks thay had it rough.
My wife has taught high school for decades.
She loves it, and I doubt that she'll ever retire.
However, the stories she regales me with about what those little critters are up to, curls my old toes.
Trust me, I'm no prude, seen a few things in my life, too.
But, today's "UTES" give me great pause about their futures and the future of this once great nation.

Back