Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI Teacher slurred words, babbled incoherently, appeared to be intoxicated before her 4th grade class.

army judge

Super Moderator
Jurisdiction
Florida
===========================================

lisaE.JPG

hihoofftojailIgo.JPG

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<|>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

PINELLAS PARK, Fla. (WFTS/CNN) - A fourth-grade teacher was arrested at school, accused of showing up to work drunk.

Lisa Edelstein was fired after only seven days on the job, and now she's facing criminal charges.

"When you make that decision in the line of work you are in, that's an automatic fire and not rehire," said Brandi Parker, a mom of seven.

Parker found out after the district called. Her daughter is a second-grader at Skyview Elementary in Pinellas Park.

"Some people don't have [good] backgrounds and they take a wrong turn in life. Do I blame the school? Absolutely not," Parker said.

According to arrest records, Edelstein was loud and belligerent in front of the children.

"Some bloodshot, watery eyes, slurring of the words. There was some rocking back and forth, stumbling," said Sgt. Roxanne Pohl with Pinellas Park Police Department.

Pohl was called in to help campus police with the incident on Friday.

"I did ask her to lower her voice. I attempted to explain that there were students in the school, that we wish they were not interrupted," Pohl said.

She said at one point Edelstein tried to get in her car and leave.

"I was shocked. I was shocked. Disappointed," Pohl said. "Here is someone we expect to come to school ready to teach and unfortunately that's not what happened this morning."

WFTS found out Edelstein has faced disciplinary action before during part of her 30 years as an assistant teacher in Hillsborough County.

Edelstein faces a disorderly conduct charge and possibly more. Pohl said officers also found marijuana in Edelstein's car.

Copyright 2019 WFTS via CNN. All rights reserved.

Teacher shows up to work drunk, slurring speech, police say

sigh....I have little control over my fingers.
;)

Even my family, that lives in Florida, says disparaging things about that state.

I agree, and each time my wife says she'd love to live in FL, I remind of her the unusual things that take place there.

Just today she brought up Clewiston, the home of US Sugar.
For some reason, she thinks living on Clewiston would be grand.
That's when I mention hurricanes and flooding.
What really gets her is when I say, some people refer to FL as God's waiting room for people like us. ;) :D

We are currently having some interesting discussions in our household. While retirement is still several years away, DH wants to retire to Florida or Arizona, and I want to retire to ME or WA/OR. Every time he says, Florida, I say, Hurricane.

Back