tax foreclosure /mortgage companys fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhew98

i have lived here in my home 15 years,3 years ago my husband and i separated and still going through divorce,when he left me and the children he left me with 2 years in back property taxes,and it was going to be part of the divorce but the home was going up for tax sale sooner then divorce was happening,so i called my mortgage company and asked if the could help since they have interest in my home as well and they said sure no problem and told me not to worry,then 3 weeks later i resieved notice that my property was sold at auction,then i called mortgage co. back and asked what happened, they wouldnt let me talk to the guy that said it was going to be taken care of ,i taled to someone new and she said she sees the paper work it just never got filed ,and he bever even reported my problem to any one else there he just filed out paper work,the mortgage co.just did bankruptsy and went back to thier old name ,and everyone is saying oh well its just a loss,i filed a report on them through the bbb,and my mortgage co responded saying they dont do escrow for taxes or insur,well i have a letter here saying if taxes are behind they can advance funds to protect interest in property,so i just filed another report with bbb saying they are lying.my mortgage co told me they were making offers to buy my home back from the acution purchacer but she wanted to much moneyso they let it go,i figured they just didnt care because they were filing bankruptsy anyway,i did file an answer with the court to the letter i got from the buyers lawyer wanting a quiet title,and that was 4 months ago and i havent heard a word or nothing im just in limbo not knowing what to do or what i can do ,i have to have some kind of rights ,please help me .im a single mom who cant afford a nother lawyer,and my kids dont want to move they have lived here thier whole lives,please,im desparate!!!!! thanks nancy

Originally posted by nhew98:
i have lived here in my home 15 years,3 years ago my husband and i separated and still going through divorce,when he left me and the children he left me with 2 years in back property taxes,and it was going to be part of the divorce but the home was going up for tax sale sooner then divorce was happening,so i called my mortgage company and asked if the could help since they have interest in my home as well and they said sure no problem and told me not to worry,then 3 weeks later i resieved notice that my property was sold at auction,then i called mortgage co. back and asked what happened, they wouldnt let me talk to the guy that said it was going to be taken care of ,i taled to someone new and she said she sees the paper work it just never got filed ,and he bever even reported my problem to any one else there he just filed out paper work,the mortgage co.just did bankruptsy and went back to thier old name ,and everyone is saying oh well its just a loss,i filed a report on them through the bbb,and my mortgage co responded saying they dont do escrow for taxes or insur,well i have a letter here saying if taxes are behind they can advance funds to protect interest in property,so i just filed another report with bbb saying they are lying.my mortgage co told me they were making offers to buy my home back from the acution purchacer but she wanted to much moneyso they let it go,i figured they just didnt care because they were filing bankruptsy anyway,i did file an answer with the court to the letter i got from the buyers lawyer wanting a quiet title,and that was 4 months ago and i havent heard a word or nothing im just in limbo not knowing what to do or what i can do ,i have to have some kind of rights ,please help me .im a single mom who cant afford a nother lawyer,and my kids dont want to move they have lived here thier whole lives,please,im desparate!!!!! thanks nancy
I'm very sorry to hear about your problem and loss of your home. Your story is very unusual in many parts, especially with the offer to "buy the home back from the auction purchaser." Do you have anything in writing? Without writing, your side of the story might be difficult to prove and, in the event it went to a judge, might be difficult for the judge to believe. What more can you tell us? Did you have an attorney handling this -- you said you cano't afford another lawyer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back