Taking credit for anothers work and design

LadyArizona

Jurisdiction
New York
My husband designed and made a rocking chair with used horse shoes. He gave it to his mother. His mother bartered it for a covered wagon. I stumpled upon that rocking chair
on a website where it was sold for a large sum of money. I have the original photo of the chair and I helped my husband design it.
The same photo of the chair was on this website and the guy who posted and sold it
Said that he made and designed the chair.
He took credit for making and desiging it and that is a lie. Can anything be done about this? If need be I can post said website.

My husband designed and made a rocking chair with used horse shoes. He gave it to his mother. His mother bartered it for a covered wagon. I stumpled upon that rocking chair
on a website where it was sold for a large sum of money. I have the original photo of the chair and I helped my husband design it.
The same photo of the chair was on this website and the guy who posted and sold it
Said that he made and designed the chair.
He took credit for making and desiging it and that is a lie. Can anything be done about this? If need be I can post said website.

Your husband would have to PROVE the chair you discovered was his original design.
That wouldn't be easy, if it is even possible.
Beyond that, the item was protected by a copyright or trademark.
If you're still concerned, talk to a couple lawyers in your county, see what you can learn, and what they advise.

Back