suv trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitts123

Ok i have a suv my boyfriend at the time car broke down i let him drive my car to get to and from work to start off shortly after i was laid off so he started paying the note as he continued to drive the car... im working now and want my car back...BUT WE ARE NO LONGER TOGETHER. what should i do?

Ok i have a suv my boyfriend at the time car broke down i let him drive my car to get to and from work to start off shortly after i was laid off so he started paying the note as he continued to drive the car... im working now and want my car back...BUT WE ARE NO LONGER TOGETHER. what should i do?

Its YOUR car.

Just go get YOUR car.

Don't trespass to do it, but getting ot off the street or off of a public parking lot isn't trespassing.

You can also hire a car repo agent to get your car.

As long as you and he had NOTHING in writing about him paying those notes, that means nothing.
The law would see those as gifts.

Before you go, call the police agency in the city where the car is located.
Explain the situation that HE has your car.
You need say nothing more, than you loaned him your car and he refuses to return it.
Ask them to meet you at the address where you see the car, and stand by while you repossess your car.

If the car is in your name it is yours to take. If it is not in his name he has no claim to it.
As above, just go get it. If you anticipate trouble then hire a repo or bring law enforcement with you to keep the peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back