Suspended Licience

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbeato

My brother was arrested for driving with a suspended licience. This is not his first offense, he was released on bond and then arrested the next week for resisting arrest. When he attended court for the first offense of driving with a suspended licience the judge automatically told him that if he pleaded guilty he would serve some time. there for he did not in hopes he could get a lawyer and get out of his mess. My question to you is what could he do in order to get off easy or is he going to have to serve some time.

What do you think your defense to this charge is?

I honestly do not know, He has been caught so many times driving with a suspended licience that I honestly don't think that he has any defense. I just would really hate to see my brother in jail for something so minor or for anything at all.

Being a repeat offender by driving on a suspended license is not minor. The people who drive without a valid license commit many of the hit and runs, and police chases we hear about. Also a % of people that get DUI's also have a suspended license.

Personally, I think a person who has a suspended license should not be able to have their car. It should be impounded to prevent this and some states are trying to draft legislation that will make it much harder for a person to drive their vehicle on a suspended license.

I have no idea how he thinks he can get off, or why he should but if he has a suspended license, he needs to stop driving and follw the court actions to get his license back.

He should be given a public defender, or he can hire his own private attorney.

He is one of those people and will never learn, and will never obey a court order so maybe some jail time will do him some good.

I understand your point I do believe as well that some jail time might do him some good but what my question was is he going to serve time for this or what are the actions taken on these type of offense.

I understand your point I do believe as well that some jail time might do him some good but what my question was is he going to serve time for this or what are the actions taken on these type of offense.

None of us can see in to the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back