Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant Suspended License Due to Seizure - DMV record question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockcandy822

My license was suspended 10/3/10 and re-instated 1/26/11. My medical evaluation indicated that it was an isolated incident and that I am medically controlled. My driving record indicates the suspension and subsequent reinstatement. According to my agent, the suspension caused my insurance company to raise my rates and remove my "good driver" discount. I have no history of accidents, failures to appear, or ever losing consciousness behind the wheel. Is it possible to have the DMV take this off of my record completely? If not, how long can the insurance company penalize me for this departmental action. Thank you for your help! :eek:

Hmm... I'm not sure you can get the DMV to remove a record of suspension. I think your best bet is to contact your insurance and make sure they are clear on the reason why the suspension occurred. The reason is clearly indicated in your DMV record. This may just be a policy matter for them, but if you otherwise have a clean record, and if you are a long time customer, who knows what luck you may have.
You would also have to ask the insurance company how long it would take to get the discount back.

My license was suspended 10/3/10 and re-instated 1/26/11. My medical evaluation indicated that it was an isolated incident and that I am medically controlled. My driving record indicates the suspension and subsequent reinstatement. According to my agent, the suspension caused my insurance company to raise my rates and remove my "good driver" discount. I have no history of accidents, failures to appear, or ever losing consciousness behind the wheel. Is it possible to have the DMV take this off of my record completely? If not, how long can the insurance company penalize me for this departmental action. Thank you for your help! :eek:

Your post is so vague that I really doubt that anyone can accurately advise you.

Please clarify your situation.

The raise in rates is definitely from the seizure. The hospital automatically reports it to the DMV, and the license is suspended until your doctor provides a medical evaluation and you have a DMV hearing. I was only without my license for 3 months, until the required time period lapsed for the hearing and evaluation.

I was hoping for a loophole to be able to petition the DMV to remove it completely. From my research, it appears I have no option but to wait it out for 3 years. Of course, the insurance company only takes this into consideration, when assessing my risk.

I appreciate your time. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back